WindowsUpdate_80072F8F WindowsUpdate_dt000

Danny_40

May 22, 2007, 10:49:01 AM5/22/07
After upgrading at Windows Server 2008 Enterprise LongHorn Beta3 from Windows
Server 2003 Enterprise, I can't Update the installation because Windows
report error 80072F8F.
Can anyone help me?
--
OmC

Engel

May 22, 2007, 1:37:01 PM5/22/07
Is your clock and Time Zone also the Date set properly?

Please go to Windows Update, do an express scan, and apply all offered
updates.
http://update.microsoft.com
See whether that gets you current---. Do you still get the error message?

MowGreen [MVP]

May 22, 2007, 1:45:20 PM5/22/07
0x80072F8F
ERROR_INTERNET_SECURE_FAILURE ErrorClockWrong

One or more errors were found in the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
certificate sent by the server.

Check the clock to ensure that it's set correctly. If that's not the
issue, then post the issue to the LongHorn Beta newsgroup via Connect:
https://connect.microsoft.com/default.aspx

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Danny_40

May 25, 2007, 7:11:01 AM5/25/07
The clock of my server LongHorn is set at Europe West because I am living in
Rome Italy and the language of LongHorn is English(US)
LongHorn isn't able to connect at Microsoft Update
--
OmC

Danny_40

May 25, 2007, 7:27:00 AM5/25/07
The clock is OK but I can't go at microsoft update because LongHorn remain in
the Control Panel > Windows Update and in the taskbar the icon say that
Windows can't check for Update.
Connect haven't Beta NewsGroup
--
OmC

Danny_40

May 25, 2007, 9:46:02 AM5/25/07
Date Time and Time Zone set correctly but there are other troubles because
IE7 encountre several difficulties at open Microsoft Web Site displaying
Certificate Error
--
OmC

Mick

May 30, 2007, 5:48:02 PM5/30/07
Hi
Also getting this on my vista Ultimate x 64 bit..
ALL updates had been applied then suddenly few days ago this message about
"Windows could not search for updates" error code 80072F8F.
The KB is of little help only really telling me what I already know.
Checked time (even synchronised with online time server.) all OK but still
no joy?
--
Powered by the Wind Farms of Kent

cheeseandpickle

Jun 8, 2007, 5:46:01 PM6/8/07
hi also getting this with vista home premium last update i got was the
30-5-07 then nothing since just this error code 80072f8f did the sinc
clock/date/language same socks and shoes thing but still no joy any help
please

ROP

Jun 14, 2007, 8:35:01 AM6/14/07
I was not able to check for updates because my computer clock was set to 2006.

Updating to the correct date and time worked.
Thanks!

Mick

Jun 16, 2007, 2:58:00 PM6/16/07

Powered by the Wind Farms of Kent

"cheeseandpickle" wrote:

Cured my problem by removing Kapersky anti virus!!
Even with this turned OFF the update error occurred but when removed all OK
Now using differenty AV
Mick

idbali

Jun 24, 2007, 1:48:01 PM6/24/07
I only disabled the "Check all encrypted connections" in Kaspesky Internet
Security, and Windows Update connected. This option can be found under
network settings.

patrickokoro

Jan 16, 2009, 3:10:42 AM1/16/09
Am having difficulty updating my Microsoft Windows

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng

TaurArian

Jan 16, 2009, 8:07:45 AM1/16/09
Patrick Okoro wrote:
:: Am having difficulty updating my Microsoft Windows

::
:: EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
:: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/default.aspx?ref=ng

1. 0x80072EFE - ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED - The connection with the
server has been terminated.
2. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 16, 2009, 12:12:33 PM1/16/09
Accessing the MS newsgroups in Outlook Express Newsreader

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups

Setting up Windows Mail (Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/microsoft-newsgroup-setup-instructions-for-windows-mail/
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Ardiano1

Jun 28, 2009, 4:57:29 AM6/28/09

This is not a big problem bro.....u just must to set time and date 1/2
days after the last update ex. june 26 18:30 last update u set june 28
the date...and try it will works ... i have the same problem but this is
a solution for it....(K)

--
Ardiano1
Ardiano1's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/109612.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Jewel2009

Sep 2, 2009, 5:16:06 PM9/2/09
Thanks for mentioning the year your computer was set to; I'd checked mine
over 20 times today trying to resolve this problem and didn't realise it
wasn't set to 2009 (it was 2008) - a minor oversight kept me glued to my seat
and frustrated! Thanks a million for saying yours was set to 200 - it was
the lightbulb I needed.

johnnyjay

Oct 6, 2009, 10:38:01 AM10/6/09

alexso...@gmail.com