Error code: WindowsUpdate_80072F78 ; Followed by error 6811507

grlgrndd

Aug 1, 2007, 11:18:02 PM8/1/07
Windows automatic updates stopped working and gave me the error code
WindowsUpdate_80072F78. After following the help instructions to empty the
update catch I restarted my laptop.

Now it's not letting me check for updates and giving me error: 6811507. The
next recomended step is to start a thread for help. I have no idea, I'm lost.
Will you please help me if you can?
--
~Sk

TaurArian [MS-MVP]

Aug 2, 2007, 4:54:49 AM8/2/07
You may receive an "Error 0x80072EE2," "Error 0x80072EE7," "Error 0x80072EFD," "Error
0x80072F76," or "Error 0x80072F78" error message when you try to use the Windows Update
Web site or the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941

--
====================================
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"grlgrndd" <grlg...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Elite

Jan 3, 2009, 6:40:01 PM1/3/09

download this file:
http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...uthrootstl.cab

and install the contained certificate, and windows update will work
again!

well hope someone else can use this information

PA Bear [MS MVP]

Jan 3, 2009, 7:53:47 PM1/3/09
??? Can you download anything from that link?

Robert

Jun 15, 2009, 6:51:02 PM6/15/09
ANY OTHER LINKS? this one does not work

Harry Johnston [MVP]

Jun 15, 2009, 6:59:14 PM6/15/09
Robert wrote:

> ANY OTHER LINKS? this one does not work

You haven't included enough information to figure out what you're trying to
download. (The thread to which you are replying has expired from the news server.)

Harry.

TaurArian

Jun 16, 2009, 4:36:50 AM6/16/09
Geez, the questions are getting vaguer and the hijacking of old threads more
common !

See: You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use
Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Robert wrote:
:: ANY OTHER LINKS? this one does not work

phel...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2018, 11:49:38 AM2/7/18
Re: WindowsUpdate_80072F78"
such rubbish posted here - files that are incomplete - pages that don't exist - pathetic