Networking Qustion Please Help

Joes FreeSite

Feb 19, 2007, 7:31:04 PM2/19/07
Hello,
I have Windows NT 4.0 Server, have a question on networking...
I have 2 computers, one (NT 4 Server), 2 eithernet cards, one for
cable internet, one to network to other PC). the other is presntly
running Windows ME, But will install Windows NT 4 Workstation if I can
get the server running...
Ok.. could some one please tell me exeactly where to find info on
networking the 2 pcs togeather, I got them both showing up under
"network neiberhood", but can only recive internet on windows nt
server... not on the other pc... I have tried everything, but
failed... witch is the best(EASIEST!) to use to get internet on both?
(like internet connection sharing on 98+?
Please help
Joey

Joes FreeSite

Feb 19, 2007, 7:33:23 PM2/19/07
PS! I have no router, I am wanting to use the NT Server pc, as a
router
- Joey

leew

Mar 17, 2007, 3:53:44 AM3/17/07
I would first install the Routing and Remote Access update - RRAS

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/archive/winntas/downloads/nt4mpr.mspx?mfr=true

It's otherwise been a LONG time since I did this, but I know it can be
done.

If you have (or are willing to get) a subscription to Windows IT Pro
Magazine, then there's an article for you:
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/7036/7036.html