keeps asking for CD-ROM over and over

Scoot

Mar 16, 2007, 6:38:47 PM3/16/07
Can anyone tell me what is causing this problem. I am trying to
install Windows NT 4.0 Workstation on a HP 2.4 GHz PC with 512MB RAM
and a 40GB hard drive. I have been using the install floppies and
when I get to the 3rd disk it asks for the CD-ROM. I put the CD-ROM
into the drive and <enter>, it keeps asking for the CD-ROM over and
over. I have tried 2 other CD-ROM drives and another set of NT
install disks and CD-ROM, and it still does the same thing. HELP
PLEASE :(

leew

Mar 17, 2007, 3:55:49 AM3/17/07
Have you tried a different CD-ROM drive? It sounds like the CD-ROM
drive has failed/is failing. Alternately, you can use a DOS boot floppy
and make a partition on the hard disk, copy the CD to the disk, and run
setup from there. By the way, the NT CD should be bootable, so why use
the floppy disks?

-Lee