Terminal Server Client 6 --> 2000 Srv

MarioZanella

Feb 7, 2007, 12:35:42 PM2/7/07
Hi all,

I'm using the new TSC 6 and it seems work fine.

When I connect to a server for the first time I have to insert the user name
and the password, but if I check the save password checkbox it save the
credential (I want to know where... registry, rdp file, system SAMs
files...?).

the problem is that the save password works only with 2003 servers... when I
try to connect with a 2000 server, the client works but doesn't save the
password and each time that a user make a connection has to re-insert all
the data... Is there a way to fix it?

Thans,
Mario

Zenon Pilat [MS]

Feb 12, 2007, 7:15:42 PM2/12/07
Can you please make sure the settings on the server are not set to ?Always
prompt for credentials"?
This is the default setting on WIn2000 but not on Win2003, therefore it
looks like the configuration problem.

In order to disable the setting, the administrator of the server you are
connecting to must run Terminal Server Configuration administrative tool
(tscc.msc) and double click on RDP-Tcp. In the “Logon Settings” tab, there
is an option labeled “Always prompt for password” (see the option circled in
red below).
--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---