TS client session printer name length limitation

Alexander Brown

Nov 24, 2006, 1:08:50 AM11/24/06
We are running application through MS Windows 2003 R2 Terminal Server by web
client. When I try used this application to print to client local printer,
and then this application will auto-close. After clarify, if we changed the
client session printer name less than 15 characters, then can print success.
Because client session printer name is generate automatically, so we can・t
control the printer name length. Can you share yours experience for me to
solve this problem or limitation?

Thanks,

Alexander Brown

Zenon Pilat [MS]

Feb 13, 2007, 3:52:54 AM2/13/07
Unfortunately the redirected printer name has session and client name in the
redirected printer name and this can not be changed.
You can rename the printer to short name but logging off and on again will
bring the default combination of: driver session and client name

--
Zenon Pilat (MS)
---

"Alexander Brown" <alexand...@hotmail.com> wrote in message