OS Loader V4.01

Gerald Jeremiah

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00

I am unable to boot into NT, as I get as far as the "NTDETECT" and "OS
Loader" screen and I get the following error message:

Windows NT could not start because the following file is missing
<winnt root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
please re-install a copy of the above file

That however is incorrect, as my NT4.01/SP-6 files are all intact. I
believe that the OS Loader is pointing to the wrong partition. How do I
redirect the OS Loader to the correct partition and files?

Thanks.

Robert Moir

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00

"Gerald Jeremiah" <21Centu...@snet.net> wrote in message

check, and if needed, edit your boot.ini file

Bjorn Landemoo

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
Gerald

You need to edit the ARC path in C:\boot.ini to point at your current boot
partition.

Best regards

Bjorn
--
Bjorn Landemoo - bj...@landemoo.com - http://landemoo.com/
Microsoft MVP - Windows NT

Gerald Jeremiah <21Centu...@snet.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I am unable to boot into NT, as I get as far as the "NTDETECT" and "OS
>Loader" screen and I get the following error message:
>
>Windows NT could not start because the following file is missing
><winnt root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
>please re-install a copy of the above file
>
>That however is incorrect, as my NT4.01/SP-6 files are all intact. I
>believe that the OS Loader is pointing to the wrong partition. How do I
>redirect the OS Loader to the correct partition and files?
>

>Thanks.

Gerald Jeremiah

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
[[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WIN2000
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WIN2000="Microsoft Windows 2000
Professional" /fastdetect
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

That's my boot.ini above. Since I multi boot with 3 OSers, how can I
obtain the information as to the location of the disk, partitions, etc.?

Somehow, I think that PQ Magic changed the location of my drives or
boot.ini when I accessed the utility after installing a new EIDE HDD.

Initially, I only had two SCSI drives installed. Presently, I have two
SCSI drives and one EIDE. The boot drive is still the SCSI.

What would a typical NT boot loader look like?

Thanks

Li Zhang

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
I got the exact same problem as you, I'll let you know if I got it resolved.
Could you let me know as well?

Thanks.

Mark De Cesare

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
All:

Did you look at the boot.ini file? It may be pointing to the wrong
partition.

Mark

mafhok...@ansaldo-sts.co.bw

May 19, 2014, 10:33:31 AM5/19/14
Hi all

I have simillar problem. System crashes at screen

OS Loader v 4.01

then repeats all over again.