How to add keys to the registry

Jacques

Mar 26, 2010, 3:34:46 PM3/26/10

Hello all,
I accidentally put this in the wrong group (different language group),
so I'm reposting here.

How do you write a script to add keys to the registry? I also want to
add values to the keys I add.

Thanks beforehand,

John John - MVP

Mar 26, 2010, 3:56:40 PM3/26/10

You can use the REG ADD command or you can merge .reg files by calling
regedit.exe

John

Jacques

Mar 30, 2010, 12:09:53 PM3/30/10
Thanks,
I assume I can script the RED ADD command?
My goal it to be able to add some, change the value in others...all in one
script.

"John John - MVP" <aude...@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

John John - MVP

Mar 30, 2010, 12:53:53 PM3/30/10

Jacques wrote:
> Thanks,
> I assume I can script the RED ADD command?

Yes, see here:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/reg.mspx?mfr=true

> My goal it to be able to add some, change the value in others...all in
> one script.

You can also use VB Script or simply push .reg files in Group Policy
Startup scripts, see here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/256986

John