Native version of regfind, find subkeys containing a value name

AndyHancock

Apr 7, 2010, 11:58:33 PM4/7/10
I am using Windows XP and messing around with the registry (which
mostly avoided in the past, hence my reticence) in malware damage
control (http://www.spywareremove.com/removeAntivirusSuite.html).

After writing a cygwin (bash) script to follow step 2 (with the use of
reg command), I got some error messages about access being denied to
registry values. In regedit, I did Ctrl-F to find the value names,
and had trouble identifying the subkey path even though the value name
was found. After much head scratching, I realized the subkey path is
in the status line. Being a command line person, I thought that it
would be way easier if there was a command-line command to find all
subkeys that contain a value name of interest. Is there a native way
to do this without having to install something (like regfind)?

Thanks.