Error 1058: Task Schedular won't start

Neville Higgs

Aug 30, 2001, 8:20:02 AM8/30/01
The Task Schedular is enabled and set to automatic start-up. But fails with
Error 1058: service is disabled and cannot be started.
In the HW-Profile there's no entry to select.

I read a Tip somewhere that when a service didn't start in the same
circumstances then you should delete the entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_<service>

But even as local administrator I haven't got the privilege to delete the
key for LEGACY_SCHEDULE.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks
--
Neville Higgs
WAZ Mediengruppe

Dave Patrick

Aug 30, 2001, 10:01:44 AM8/30/01
Is RPC Service running?

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

Neville Higgs

Aug 30, 2001, 11:21:31 AM8/30/01
Yes RPC Service is running.

"Dave Patrick" <Ma...@nospam.DSPatrick.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Neville Higgs

Aug 30, 2001, 11:42:35 AM8/30/01
OK. I've solved it .. I gave myself full privilege within the security menu
from regedt32 for all keys.
I then deleted
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_SCHEDULE
and rebooted.
Now the Task Scheduler starts fine and has a HW-Profile.

Hope these might help other sufferers !

Neville.

Dave Patrick

Aug 30, 2001, 10:59:50 AM8/30/01
Thanks for the solution. I too saw that fix, but it seemed for a different problem (server service)

--
Regards,

Dave Patrick
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

baria10...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2020, 9:37:01 AM6/8/20
hey bro can I ask a question

baria10...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2020, 9:37:33 AM6/8/20
On Thursday, August 30, 2001 at 11:42:35 PM UTC+8, Neville Higgs wrote:
how did you solve this issue

baria10...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2020, 9:38:17 AM6/8/20
On Thursday, August 30, 2001 at 11:42:35 PM UTC+8, Neville Higgs wrote:
where did you find the regedit32