Could not open key:

MXC

Apr 29, 2009, 6:21:15 PM4/29/09
When I uninstall or install SQL Server 2005
I got several error message:

Could not open key: key name.
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support
personnel

When I check the permision of these keys, I found that it was blank in
"Group and user Name"
I had to set user there manually one by one.

I do not know how the user would be deleted in these keys.
If there are program could scan the regstry to find these keys which no any
group or userhasthe permissions for the keys.

Thanks

??

Apr 30, 2009, 1:26:19 AM4/30/09