NT IPX LIE? OR SYMANTEC LIE (what't the truth?)

Message has been deleted

Martijn Hartholt

Apr 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/3/98

On Thu, 02 Apr 1998 16:07:00 -0800, Dan Sidman <sid...@netscape.com> wrote:

Dan,

Can't help you with the IPX thing, but have you executed TCPPORT1.reg or TCPPORT2.reg (on both the
server and the client) ???

>Greetings,
> I recently installed a copy of PCANYWHERE 7.5 and
>applied all the lastest patches. I hoped to use a Windows 95 machine to
>remotely control a Windows NT server 4.0 over a Novell LAN using IPX or
>SPX.
>
>It failed and I was told by Symantec technical support that Windows NT
>no longer
>supports IPX 100% so NT4 remote control requires RAS or TCP/IP to work
>over a LAN.
>
>Does anybody have inside knowledge about what Microsoft or Symantec left
>out?
>
>-Dan
>

>(my opinions are not that of my employer)

Martijn Hartholt <m.j.g.h...@kpn.com>
Disclaimer: my own opinions not the company's

mangan...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2015, 2:35:20 AM12/9/15
You were sold a fish story, despite advertising it the IPX feature was removed.