Interoffice messaging

Jim N

Nov 8, 2001, 2:10:36 PM11/8/01
Any alterative for workstations to communicate quick
messages rather then using MSN Messenger? I don't like the
aspect of my staff allowing their friends to 'talk' w/
them all the time. We use MSN in the office for convenient
quick messages.. any suggestions??

We have mixed envirnoment of Windows NT and W2000

thx inadcvance

Jim Nelson

Lanwench

Nov 8, 2001, 2:48:52 PM11/8/01
If you run Exchange 2000, you can use an internal form MSN on there, which
integrates into it...I haven't done this myself, but I think it allows you
to use it only for internal use.

There are several freebie apps out there for LANs, but I haven't been
thrilled with any of them. Look at www.download.com and search for "instant
message" or something...best o' luck.

"Jim N" <buk...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Knack

Nov 8, 2001, 3:18:00 PM11/8/01
Winpopup was the instant messaging feature included with Win3.1/95.
Windows XP will eventually include a feature like that, if it doesn't
already.

There used to be a program called Post-It for LAN instant messaging that
looked like little yellow sticky notes.

Ah Goeie! is a front-end graphical interface to the Net Send command in
WinNT/2000. You can use it to send messages to a group of users or a
single station.
http://www.digital-kingdoms.net/download/ah-goeie/

Popup 2000 is intended for an exchange of the messages In a local
network. (like WinPopup) Opportunities: Transfer of the text of any
size. Parcel and reading of the messages in one window, by one click of
the mouse. Preservation of any amount of the messages. Always it is
visible of the users ready to communicate. Preparation of the messages
beforehand. Win9x/ME/NT
http://www.kingsize.ru/

MacPopUp now works with Windows. Don't know whether it works with NT.
See
http://www.macpopup.com/

RealPopup freeware is supposed to be an improvement over Winpopup.
Perhaps it works with NT?
http://members.tripod.com/Matro/realpopup.html

Send UI is a handy program used to send short messages across your LAN.
You can switch between windowed view and titlebar view (to hide it from
your boss!!). You can store sent messages to re-use them. Don't know
what OSes it runs on.
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~madman/SendUI

NetPage is a simple, compact messaging system that lets you send short
messages to other NetPage users in real time.
http://www.diworld.com/

Hermes Messenger is a fast, small, and versitile Instant Messenger
specially for LANs. It has a serverless Contact List, and therefore easy
to install. Win9x/ME/NT
http://products.dgdr.com/hermes/

--
PLEASE DELETE this footnote from your NG reply. As an antispam measure,
you must make the following correction to my E-mail address in order to

Ricardo M. Urbano

Nov 9, 2001, 8:46:51 PM11/9/01
winchat.exe native to NT.

hth

live2...@gmail.com

Aug 4, 2012, 6:05:26 AM8/4/12
CD Messenger is a perfect office instant messenger for inter office communication. It’s a complete, secure and easy office instant messenger for company. Dozens features are available in a single application.

Features are :

* Instant messaging for one to one, group and conferencing
* File Transfer
* Instant generation of printed transcripts of all your IM interactions
* Office notice board
* Configurable and customizable user interface
* Conversations history either department-wise or group-wise
* Group chat conferencing capability
* To-do lists (task management)
* Live spell checking in real time
* Create and send Sticky note
* Event alert management system
* Audible alarms to remind you about every important task
* SSL based encrypted communication
* Complete Administrative controls
* Access from anywhere
* Sticky Notes