Corrupt display, What is Lanas? NDDENB32?

http://www.bitsmart.com/Ted

Jan 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM1/8/98

My new NT 4.0 Workstation spontaneously flipped out morning while idle.
Display was totally corrupt (horizontal 1cm stripes only, nothing else)

Ctrl-Alt-Del brought back the display, but buttons & portions of title bars

were still showing chunks of black or white instead of bitmaps. Start-menu
had similar artifacts of the problem.

Event Viewer reported the following corresponding to the time of the
problem:
1/8/98, 9:11:25, STOP, NetDDE, None, 12, N/A
1/8/98, 9:11:25, STOP, NetDDE, None, 204, N/A

Event ID 12 Details shows: Initialization of "NDDENB32" DLL failed
Event ID 204 Details shows: Attempt to determine the number of Lanas failed

NDDENB32.DLL is not on my computer anywhere.

Here's my questions:
1. What is Lanas?
2. Do I need to get NDDENB32.DLL?
3. Where does it belong?
4. Why was it not put there automatically by NT 4.0 installation?
5. Why is the NT NetDDE running when I haven't installed anything network
related?

Here's my configuration:
This is a standalone computer. No network card. Ports & Modem never
used yet.

P200
64M RAM
2GB HDD (C:) 1.6GB Free
2MB Display Card: 1152x864 x 256 color @ 75Hz Cirrus Logic
NT4.0 Workstation

Anyone have similar problems? I thought NT was supposed to be more stable
than Win95.

Thanks,

Ted Shaneyfelt

a.moo...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2014, 8:14:13 AM10/24/14
Did you ever resolve this issue? I am having the same issue.the comp just shut off one day and gave a bad ram error on boot. Replaced ram and when it booted I got the same 2 errors you just mentioned.