No 5.1 sound when playing WMV-files in Vista WMP 11

瀏覽次數:19 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Gibbah

未讀,
2007年7月19日 上午9:18:032007/7/19
收件者:
Hi

Im having problem with 5.1 sound when playing wmv-files in WMP 11.
I only get stereo. I get 5.1 sound when playing other kind of files. I use
SPDIF.
Any suggestions?

Gibbah

未讀,
2007年7月19日 下午4:28:022007/7/19
收件者:
I can add that I use Msi P965 Platinum with Realtek ALC883 HD Audion with the
latest drivers.

Gibbah

未讀,
2007年7月20日 凌晨4:30:002007/7/20
收件者:
More additions:

I get surround sound when playing WMV in Media Player Classic. But then I
get no picture, just a green distorted pixlated image.

It is very strange that WMV does not recognise that I have surround, when
all other software does. I think that if anything should work in a Microsoft
environment it should be their very own video format.

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

未讀,
2007年7月20日 下午5:34:392007/7/20
收件者:

Go to the More Options menu, under the Now Playing tab (use the small
drop down menu under the tab). From there, go to Devices. Click your
speakers, choose Properties, and run through the setup to change from
Stereo to 5.1 surround.

Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2007
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs

Gibbah

未讀,
2007年7月21日 上午9:16:022007/7/21
收件者:

hi and thank you for your reply.
The thing is when I go to the properties of Speakers I can only choose
Advance..
http://www.bjornange.se/stuff/WMPsettings1.jpg
I use SPDIF so when I chose the advance settings for that there are no where
I can enter that I have surround speakers.
http://www.bjornange.se/stuff/WMPsettings2.jpg
Does not SPDIF work with WMV-audio?

Gibbah

未讀,
2007年7月23日 清晨7:06:002007/7/23
收件者:
This is very strange. I have tried everything I can think of and i get no
surround when playing WMV-files. This ONLY happens with WMV-files. All other
files gives surround. I have tried with several different WMV-files, WMVHD
demo files and one wmv-surround-test file and non of them works with
surround, even though they have surround sound encoded in them. Do you need a
special decoder/filter or something other then the ones included in Vista MCE
or Windows Vista Media Player?

Gibbah

未讀,
2007年7月27日 清晨5:16:032007/7/27
收件者:
I will anser my own question here:

It seems like it is not possible to send WMA over SPDIF in Vista and with
WMP because Microsoft use the Media Foundation Transform filters and AC3 and
FFDSHOW does not support that yet. So the only way to get surround sound from
WMV-files over SPDIF in Vista is to use a non-Microsoft player software with
FFDSHOW or/and AC3filter.

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

未讀,
2007年7月27日 下午1:54:212007/7/27
收件者:

OK, cheers - I didn't know that. Was this from experimenting, or did
you see an article online ?

Gibbah

未讀,
2007年7月29日 清晨7:54:002007/7/29
收件者:

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:

Experimenting combined with a bit of research online on different forums,
like avsforum.com.

I have one addition to my previous post though, it is offcorse possible to
use multichannel WMA over SPDIF in Vista Media Player if you have a reciver
that can decode it. I belive there are a couple of recivers out there that
have WMA decoders.

If anyone have come to a different conclusion please make a post about it
because I would love to be proved wrong =)

Gigant18 Gigant

未讀,
2011年3月5日 清晨7:08:142011/3/5
收件者:
In order to make - it can play sound on all 5 speakers need to install AC3Filter (http://ac3filter.net/projects/ac3filter)
In its functional states:
- Up-mix any audio track (even plain stereo) up to 6 channels

1. Install AC3Filter

2. Control panel - sound - speakers - enhancements - Enable Speaker fill!!!! Without this will not work!!

3. Then run in WMP 11 any video Fail with AC3 codec (on my PC almost all the films have been with this codec)

4. Listen to the rear speakers

5. If everything can be heard and speakers are working as they should,
switch to the library with music files and mp3 now also in all the satellites after a restart everything works.

0 則新訊息