WMP11 UserLastPlayedTime attribute readonly?

todd...@gmail.com

May 18, 2008, 11:09:18 PM5/18/08
Hello, I've been messing around with some scripts to do various things
with WMP but unfortunately the fact that I cannot modify
UserLastPlayedTime is a bit of an annoyance. Is there any way around
the fact that it's readonly? Just being able to set it to the current
time would be a good first step, although I'd really like to set it to
any arbitrary date. Some examples:

1) I have a "MusicBridge"-like script to sync metadata between WMP and
other media players, unfortunately I cannot sync the last played date
(The MusicBridge dev ran into this issue as well).

2) I have a script that increments the playcounts of a specified set
of songs (ostensibly things I've listened to outside of WMP), I'd also
like to set the last played date.

Any chance that attribute could be made non-readonly in some future
version of WMP? I'm using WMP 11.0.5721.5230 (from versionInfo).