Rip Music - Location disappeared and can't change

oz

Feb 26, 2010, 3:45:01 AM2/26/10

I had a location for ripped music to go to but it has disappeared (shows
nothing now) and when I click on Change, Windows doesn't allow me to change
anything, How do I put in a location for the ripped music to go to?
--
Oz

Tim De Baets

Feb 26, 2010, 4:47:11 PM2/26/10
What version of WMP and Windows?

Generally, the following steps should be enough to fix this: go to Start
- Run, type "regedit", press Enter, and navigate to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences
Find the CDRecordPath value (if it doesn't exist, create it as a new
string value), and set it to the correct ripped music location.

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

zachd [MSFT]

Feb 26, 2010, 5:15:19 PM2/26/10

Also: what *happens* when you click on Change?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"oz" <o...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

oz

Feb 26, 2010, 6:09:01 PM2/26/10
Absolutely nothing happens. Does not open any boxes or let me change anything.
--
Oz

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> .

oz

Feb 26, 2010, 6:08:04 PM2/26/10
Thanks Tim. With your help I'm part way there. When I follow your steps there
is no CDRecordpath so I right clicked, New, String Value, I typed in Value
name: CDRecordPath but then I'm not sure what to type in for Value Data. I'm
presuming it's not my actual file location but a sting of numbers? Sorry for
my basic skills but any more help will be greatly appreciated.
--
Oz

"Tim De Baets" wrote:

> .

Jean Rosenfeld

Feb 26, 2010, 6:21:10 PM2/26/10
You type the full path to the folder you want the ripped music to be saved
in.

"oz" <o...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

oz

Feb 26, 2010, 7:07:01 PM2/26/10
Also, I've got Window 7 and Media Player version says 12.0.7600.16415
--
Oz

oz

Feb 26, 2010, 7:19:05 PM2/26/10
Thank you all for your input and help. I have fixed the problem. In Media
Player I went to File, Manage Libraries, Music and there were 2 locations
there that said "unavailable" . I deleted these and then it let me reinstate
my original location. All works fine now.
--
Oz

timothyw...@yahoo.com

Feb 23, 2014, 8:51:12 PM2/23/14