WMP "date last played" is inaccurate

mattjackson07

Jun 2, 2010, 10:08:53 PM6/2/10
Hi, I'm using WMP 11 and Vista. I just noticed when I played a song at 8pm
on June 2nd, it updated the "date last played" to June 3rd. Is there a time
zone setting that can be changed? I've looked seemingly everywhere. Thanks
for anyone's help.

Dylan

Jun 3, 2010, 11:05:58 PM6/3/10
Same here, I think it's a Windows update bug. Probably will be fixed soon. Hopefully!

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player/WMP-date-last-played-is-inaccurate

Tim De Baets

Jun 5, 2010, 11:35:41 AM6/5/10
What time zone are you in? Date last played is actually a combination of
date and time, and WMP always seems to use GMT time to set it,
regardless of the time zone that is set in Control Panel.

If there's a significant difference between your time zone and GMT, then
this would explain why it's setting the wrong date. For example, when
it's 8 PM in the US, it's already the next day in the GMT time zone (8+6).

Regards

--
Tim De Baets
http://www.bm-productions.tk

Dylan

Jun 5, 2010, 11:41:20 AM6/5/10

ericma...@sympatico.ca

Jul 1, 2016, 9:36:27 PM7/1/16
Understandably, no one uses GMT time except Department of Defence or airlines. Why can't West Coast tech companies just adapt to the realities of the rest of the world? This is not a Windows bug, just lazy programming.