WASAPI

Vincent

Nov 25, 2009, 4:41:03 PM11/25/09
Tried WASAPI using Foobar and J River.
I know I have audiophile nervosa but WASAPI simply sounds better to me than
DS.
Any chance that WMP12 will support WASAPI?

--

http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com

zachd [MSFT]

Dec 2, 2009, 9:32:36 PM12/2/09

Will? Is that the implication that it doesn't or that you're on a previous
version? TMK it does.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Vincent" <Vin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Vincent

Jan 9, 2010, 6:38:01 AM1/9/10
Hi Zachd.

Missed your answer.
As far as I know it doesn't.
I don’t see it in the list of playback devices
If you can show me how to use WASAPI in Win7/WMP12 I would highly appreciate.

--

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> .

Vincent

Jan 10, 2010, 4:58:01 PM1/10/10
It doesn't.
It won't show in the palyback devices.
If you happen to know how to activate it, I would love to hear.
--

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> .

zachd [MSFT]

Jan 21, 2010, 8:07:43 PM1/21/10

"It"? WASAPI is generally below the player, so the player itself doesn't
care much about this.

IIRC (and I may not), that's what MF playback goes through...