can't view fullscreen

Ben

Aug 25, 2003, 6:16:19 PM8/25/03
Oh my gosh... I have spent the past 3 days trying to
figure this one out! And thank you to Microsoft for my
wasted 2 free help sessions.. I will never again spend
the money to upgrade to another windows OS,next time I
guess I will have to go MAC

Anyway.. everytime I open Windows media player 9 for win
XP home, it just kind of disapears, If I want to see
video or visualizations I have to minimize the player to
the tool bar.. I can't view media player at fullscreen at
all.. so I can't even edit my prefs, or change any
configuration.. it's like media player hides when I try
to get it to go to it's default size

I have un and re-installed mediaplayer only to have the
same problems.. I have also updated the driver to my
video card still with no success... I really don't want
to go through the rigorous task of un and re-installing
winxp..... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks..Ben

Teller

Aug 25, 2003, 6:54:05 PM8/25/03
Its nice to know someone else is having the same problem
I am. My computer is doing the exact same thing, every
time I open WMP 9, I don't get any screen version. I have
found out that the real screen is actually off the
desktop (I had my mouse over towards the far right of the
screen and I got a resize arrow, clicked that, and the
WMP screen stretched out into where I could see it) But
sometimes that doesnt work. I tried going to move at the
toolbar, but for WMP its greyed out. Anyone know how to
move that window over so I can watch my movies?
>.

zachd [ms]

Aug 28, 2003, 4:51:16 AM8/28/03

Isn't this just drawing offscreen?
If you go to the toolbar icon for WMP when it's normal size and choose
"Move", you should be able to use the Left and Up arrows to bring it
onscreen again...

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--
"Ben" <Wish...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Teller

Aug 28, 2003, 3:48:40 PM8/28/03
Problem is that move, Size, and Maximize are all grayed
out. I'm thinking that maybe WMP thinks I have two
monitors set up...other then that I have no idea what is
wrong.
>.

zachd [ms]

Aug 29, 2003, 4:24:45 AM8/29/03

Ah. You should be in a skin then.

Start the player and don't press anything. Click the right-click button on
your keyboard if you have one. The context menu for WMP should pop up,
letting you return to full mode and thus hopefully escaping out of the evil
skin trap you're in.

There's other ways to solve this, but that's a quick one for you try.

See http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
Following up to your post with the resolution is good netiquette.
All e-mail to this account will bounce or be deleted - *use the newsgroups*.
--

"Teller" <windcha...@msn.com> wrote in message

johnny....@gmail.com

May 18, 2016, 3:52:53 PM5/18/16
On Monday, August 25, 2003 at 10:16:19 PM UTC, Ben wrote:> Oh my gosh... I have spent the past 3 days trying to > figure this one out! And thank you to Microsoft for my > wasted 2 free help sessions.. I will never again spend > the money to upgrade to another windows OS,next time I > guess I will have to go MAC>> Anyway.. everytime I open Windows media player 9 for win > XP home, it just kind of disapears, If I want to see > video or visualizations I have to minimize the player to > the tool bar.. I can't v