Media Player Cannot Rip One or more files

piki

Mar 14, 2008, 11:08:03 PM3/14/08
Ever since I upgraded from xp to vista I havent been able to rip any cd's, it
says "Windows Media Player Cannot rip one or more tracks from cd" when In go
to web help is says " You've encountered error message C00D10D2 while using
windows media player. Additional information is not currently available for
this error. Under technical details it reads "Original error code C0010D0,
Windows Media Player cannot rip CD because a valid rip location cannot be
created" I've tried everything I could find online, I even contacted the
computer manufacturer but I was directed to microsoft which doesn't seem to
have a clue.

Vincent

Mar 15, 2008, 7:00:00 AM3/15/08
Have you checked if in WMP the ripping location points to a valid directory
and if so, do you have access to it.
The structure of the user directories and their names differens between XP
and Vista

GRMoore

May 26, 2008, 12:33:02 PM5/26/08
I hear your difficulites load & clear. I had the exact problem & spanned the
world for a (correct) solution. It worked for me.

Answer:
When attempting to rip an audio CD to a MP3 file on your computer you may
receive the error mentioned above. This error is often caused by either of
the below causes when attempting to rip a CD in Windows Media player 10, 11,
or higher.

Ripping to MP3 in to low of quality

This often occurs when a user switches from ripping their songs to WMA
format to MP3 format and does not increase the quality of rip. Follow the
below steps and ensure you've got an improved audio quality recording.

Open Windows Media Player.

In Windows Media Player click Tools from the file menu. If you do not see
the file menu press the Alt key.

In Tools click Options.

Within the Options Window click the Rip Music tab and drag the Audio quality
slider to the right where it is either the best quality or the second to
highest quality.

lost

Jun 19, 2008, 11:34:00 PM6/19/08
I did that, and I still get the same error code. Do you have any other
suggestions?

chazzat

Jul 6, 2008, 12:41:00 PM7/6/08
I had the same problem, but managed to solve it.

I clicked on the arrow below sync tab, double clicked audio cd and changed
both options to digital.

Hope this helps.

misterlo2000

Jul 7, 2008, 7:23:04 AM7/7/08

misterlo2000

Jul 7, 2008, 7:25:02 AM7/7/08
This is the solution I have been waiting for and it works.

Don

Jul 23, 2008, 9:48:03 PM7/23/08
Thanks a million! I have been looking for this answer for weeks now!

Bevo

Aug 20, 2008, 3:46:09 PM8/20/08
Bevo

"piki" wrote:

In Windows Media Player click on Tools, click on Options, click on Devices,
click on Audio CD, under Playback check Digital, under Rip check Digital,
click on Apply at the bottom the page, click on OK--now you have done it--rip
and burn. Good Luck.

Wideawake

Oct 13, 2008, 4:51:01 PM10/13/08
It solved the problem for me too! - having spent hours getting bamboozled
with techy suggestions (reg file changes etc. none of which worked) thank you.

hypnochick

Dec 29, 2008, 11:01:01 PM12/29/08
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! This worked for me, too! I'm doing the
"happy dance"!
(Still wondering how this got switched, though. Was working fine until last
week. Only thing that changed was installing SP3 upadate to my Windows XP).
--
Lisa

imagephile

Jun 11, 2009, 9:02:18 AM6/11/09
yes !! this worked !!! thanks!

Jun 19, 2009, 4:40:01 PM6/19/09
After trying trying the slider fix (increasing bitrate) and after trying a
fix involving editing the registry (neither worked) I did this fix switching
both to digital (sync-arrow tab>more options>devices tab>audio cd>double
click>set both buttons to digital) and finally Media player again rips disks.
You're a genius!

Sheri

Jul 13, 2009, 1:25:03 PM7/13/09
YOU ROCK!!!!!!

Comatoes

Jan 20, 2010, 9:29:03 PM1/20/10
Thanks a lot, chaz!

Ömer Coşkun

Jan 21, 2010, 9:54:34 AM1/21/10
my pleasure

jhallmy...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jan 21, 2010, 2:33:01 PM1/21/10

jhallmy...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jan 21, 2010, 2:34:01 PM1/21/10

jhallmy...@discussions.microsoft.com

Jan 21, 2010, 2:35:01 PM1/21/10

silverman

Jun 11, 2017, 5:00:33 AM6/11/17
I have had this problem for a long, long time.....

Thanks so much for sharing your solution! I am now able to rip audio cds again!!

Chazzat - You are a genius!!!