Re: Can't play MP3s

Stephen T. Scully

Mar 27, 2005, 2:14:18 PM3/27/05
Doug wrote:
> Hello to all, and really, a lot of thanks to all ahead of time who take the
> time with resect to this problem. It is quite the serious one, and I have
> no idea how to go about solving it, or even what could be causing it. I'll
> try to be very descriptive...for more details just ask:
>
> The Problem: I can't play MP3s clearly on ANY player, including winamp 2,
> 2.09, 2,9, 3, Windows Media Player, or RealPlayer. As a matter of fact I
> get bad quality on avi's as well, divx inclusive. What I mean by clearly is
> that if I'm playing a song lets say, the music is loud and clear, but the
> singers lyrics can hardly be heard. Basically, the song sounds as if it
> were recorded in a church where the echo would drown out any words in the
> song, and actually, this echo is there. It sounds really weird, and I must
> admit it's very hard to describe.
>
> The System: Pentium 200 Mhz, yes its old, but all worked fine 1 month ago
> (I've posted with regards to this problem before, but then when I thought it
> wen't away, it's back now...fresh after an all complete system reinstall),
> 32 megs or RAM. Like I said, it played mp3's fine 1 month ago, and I have a
> Pentium 133Mhz with 16 megs or RAM playes MP3s just fine!
>
> Actions taken up to now: as I stated, this problem occured before, and then
> went away again. It was suggested by a few that this problem could be
> caused by add-ware shipped with kazaa. When the problem again came back (2
> days ago), I finally decided to re-format the entire system (fdisk, format
> ...the whole nine yards), then installed win95 and win 98 (clean and from
> scratch). After getting win98 installed on the system, I installed the
> basic drivers for sound card, network adapter, video driver, and then tried
> winamp. And to my complete surprise, the same thing happens, the song/audio
> file, etc.. playes really strange, with a sort of echo in the background
> with the lyrics drown out by the instrmentals (almost as if the "lyric
> layer" was decreased in volume while the "song layer" was increased in
> volume - if that's making any sense). Then I tried Windows Media Player
> 6.4, and the exact same thing occurs, can't play avi's, mp3... (didn't try
> other compressed audio formats). It does play cd's, but that of course is
> no surprise as playing cd format cd's isn't all that difficult for a cd-rom.
> I should also mention that when I play these songs on any player, my
> processor activity does not rise above 5%, thus eliminating the possibility
> that the old pentium is having problems keeping up with the decompression.
> Also, I was suspecting the sound card, but as already mentioned, I can play
> cd's just fine...
>
> Well, that's all I can think of which seems relevent for the time being...
> .
>
> Doug

Even though you may have revamped everything while you were doing so the
DRIVER for your SOUND card may have gone through many incarnatiuon So ,
you need to know the king of sound card you have AND go to their Web
Site and download any upgrades. Lastly, I know what you had worked
before BUT sound files are huge only visual files (photos) are bigger.
512K is minimal RAM. THe king of CPU ypou have can affect sound (is it
part of your motherboard-inregrated-thus no sound cars" Lastly, you did
go to Conbtrol Panel and look at ALL your sound control choices-you can
check the wroing box and hear weird sounds forever, Goods Luck

Osvaldo

Mar 27, 2005, 4:55:07 PM3/27/05
This group is of Spanish language, he/she chooses group according to
your language, a greeting.

--
Osvaldo Luis Vila
Burzaco - Buenos Aires

This electronic message this only directed to the person or entity
mentioned in the address to which was correspondent. It can contain
confidential and legally protected information. This forbidden one the
revision, impression, copies or action in connection with this
information, for people or entities different to the addressee.
If you received this message by mistake we request him to forward it to
the originator and to destroy the printed copies or recorded in their
system.
If this way not the hiciere, the same ones will be used in its against
in the Final trial. LOVE.

"Stephen T. Scully" <she...@adelphia.net> escribió en el mensaje

Roy G. Biv

Nov 7, 2015, 9:45:53 PM11/7/15
"Doug" <umdo...@hotmail.com> wrote in
1STEP UP TO ALIENWARE AND WINDOWS10 MORON