Changes to WMF DirectX Media Object in Windows 8?

rev.natha...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2013, 11:15:52 AM7/2/13
I have a software product that I developed that uses the Windows Media Video Encoder through the DirectX Media Object to encode and stream video over the network. The software runs on a product we designed using windows XP embedded. Up until Windows 8, all worked fine, and the video streams could be viewed on any Windows machine (XP to 7), but Windows 8 machines do not present the video correctly. When the video is decoded it is mainly a frame of green pixels, with "fragments" of video in it. And, the program will crash within a minute. If I change the program to run in compatibility mode for Win 7, the program no longer crashes, but the frames are still decoded as a green frame.

If I encode from a Win 8 machine and decode from a win 8 machine, the frames are perfect, so I know it is not a problem with my code in Windows 8, and I am receiving no errors from the DMO. So, I assume there must have been a change in the private data from WinXP to Win8. Does anyone know what changed?

Thanks for any help you can give.