encoder error: not implemented 0x80004001

John Jay Smith

Jun 22, 2006, 1:52:56 PM6/22/06
I try to use screencapture with WME 9 and I get this error...

not implemented 0x80004001

could wmp11 be the problem???

I have installed wmp11 when it came out and I cannot system restore (its too
long ago)
cant roll back
cant install wmp10 on top

any ideas????

John Jay Smith

Jun 22, 2006, 5:07:53 PM6/22/06
for google group searches..

the above error was indeed caused my wmp11 beta

"John Jay Smith" <-> wrote in message

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Jun 23, 2006, 4:35:53 PM6/23/06
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:52:56 +0300, "John Jay Smith" <-> wrote:

>I try to use screencapture with WME 9 and I get this error...
>
>not implemented 0x80004001
>
>could wmp11 be the problem???

Yes, I think it is. I've been able to do screen capture, but the
capture was completely screwy, all blocky and missing frames and
theblocks kept jumping about (it was a test in response to an earlier
posters issue)

>I have installed wmp11 when it came out and I cannot system restore (its too
>

>any ideas????

You'll have to hope the feedback bug is acted on, and implemented in
the release player, or I forsee a lot of irritated production houses
in a few months.

Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2006
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs

John Jay Smith

Jun 23, 2006, 11:11:59 PM6/23/06
I restored my pc from a previous "image" before I installed WMP11...
Good thing I am careful

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <ne...@nospam.com> wrote in message

Mario

Aug 25, 2006, 5:25:02 PM8/25/06
What's the solution for the case when WM11 is installed?
I'm developing an application that makes screen cap and I want to make sure
that it works on every configuration.

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Aug 29, 2006, 3:40:43 PM8/29/06
I don't think there's any solution. You've agreed to a specific EULA
about installing Beta software which indicates irreversible damage to
the test system may occur under certain circumstances.

You'll have to go to your ghosted backup of the drive and restore it,
until MS releases a patch to repair the broken capture. Perhaps the
final RTM might cause the behaviour to revert to normal ?

Cheers - Neil

sonofzen1

Sep 10, 2016, 10:39:42 PM9/10/16

Did you try using google