Using DMO encoder in Windows 7 OS with subtype WMC_MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVA

manish...@gmail.com

May 22, 2013, 12:38:38 PM5/22/13
Hi

We are trying to use DMO encoder in our application which will be running on Windows 7 OS. We are capturing data using osprey capture card and then it will be compressed using DMO encoder. We are using CLSID_CWMV9EncMediaObject to create the DMO Encoder .Although we are able to create DMO instance using
the above clsid but when we configure(using settings from inputinput mediatype) output mediatype with subtype WMC_MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVA and try to set it using iwmcodecprivatedata::setpartialoutputype the call fails with error code "An expected exception was raised 0x80040205."

We need to know is it possible use WindosMedia DMO Enocder in Win 7 64bit / 32bit with clsid CLSID_CWMV9EncMediaObject and subtype WMC_MEDIASUBTYPE_WMVA ?

Regards
Manish Narang