Windows Media Player-.pps attachment

pirate

Jan 14, 2008, 7:58:03 PM1/14/08

-I cannot open any extension .pps attachments sent with emails.

I get this message:
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the
file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

...and this message:
You've encountered error message C00D1199 while using Windows Media Player.
My system is:

Microsoft Windows XP
Media Center Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

How do I open extension .pps attachments

Thank you.
-
PM

Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]

Jan 15, 2008, 4:07:32 PM1/15/08
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:58:03 -0800, pirate
<pir...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>-I cannot open any extension .pps attachments sent with emails.

pps is supposed to be PowerPoint. Try opening it directly in that
program - save the file attachment to disk first from the email
program.

If you don't have powerpoint, try the free powerpoint viewer :
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=428D5727-43AB-4F24-90B7-A94784AF71A4&displaylang=en

Occasionally these sort of files are loaded with viruses and are just
pretending to be powerpoint, so be sure to scan this (and any other
file attachments) with your favourite virus scanner. Here's one -
Nod32 : http://www.nod32.com.au/download/download.html

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2008