External ZIP 100 Drive

Mart

Aug 26, 2013, 8:59:31 PM8/26/13
For those who care about these things, I just thought I'd share. My Iomega
ZIP 100 (USB) External Drive (circa 2001) has at long last, passed to the
great scrap-box above. It ran for several years on my WinMe box, followed by
about 7 or 8 years on my XP box(es) and more recently on my Win7 (64 bit)
box. Sadly, the Iomega software was not supported on Win7 and wouldn't allow
me to 'write protect' - or more seriously 'unprotect' the ZIP discs, but the
unit did do sterling work throughout its life and well earned its keep. It
became sick several months ago, intermittently preventing the pc boot-up,
requiring power resets of the ZIP Drive. More recently it started failing on
a daily basis until yesterday when it finally expired. R.I.P Good and
faithful servant.

Mart

David H. Lipman

Aug 27, 2013, 7:35:34 AM8/27/13
From: "Mart" <mart(NoSpam)@nospam.com>
I still use Internal IDE ZIP 250.

If a PC doesn't have internal IDE then I use a SATA to IDE converter.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Mart

Sep 1, 2013, 5:09:23 AM9/1/13

"David H. Lipman" wrote in message news:kvi2u...@news6.newsguy.com...
Ah yes, I'd forgotten but previously had a parallel port connected ZIP 100
Drive which was then replaced by an internal SCSI ZIP 100, however the
latter failed with the dreaded 'clunk of death'. I was so committed to using
ZIP disks that I was 'forced' to go for the Iomega ZIP 100 (USB) External
Drive and I guess a 10 year life cycle wasn't too bad.

Mart