Unable to download antivirus software, adaware, spydoctor.

Mark

Aug 21, 2004, 8:28:17 PM8/21/04
I can't download any of the free virus checkers or any of
the other programs. I am running Mcafee firewall but the
virus program has expired. I have tried a couple of
different ones. Avast and Mcafee but am unable to download
or check to see if I have a virus. Any ideas?
Thanks

David H. Lipman

Aug 21, 2004, 8:37:51 PM8/21/04
Note that there are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion
microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

Please try going to one or more of the below online scanners and perform a scan of your
platform then report back your results.

Trend:
http://housecall.antivirus.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com

F-Secure:
http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

McAfee:
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

Panda:

Kaspersky:
http://www.kaspersky.com/de/scanforvirus

Symantec:
http://security.symantec.com/

BitDefender
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/license.php

Dave

"Mark" <anon...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

David H. Lipman

Sep 25, 2012, 7:04:39 AM9/25/12
From: <sarah5...@gmail.com>

> You can try out Norton 360 v5 download. It can help you detect thousands of known and
> unknown virus. < snip >

Considering that Norton 360 is for compatible WinXP and above and not Win9x/ME, and your
posting from China, this is nothing but spam.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp