Problem running application within Internet Explorer in Windows CE

Orwell

Feb 20, 2008, 11:01:00 AM2/20/08
Hi, I have a problem that I assume is a simple one, and hopefully
someone can help!

I am running a Java web application and am trying to access it using
IE 6.0 on Windows CE 5.0. The first thing the application does is to
send a struts lookup command to the server, and the URL string is the
standard format for a struts command:

http://server/action.do?arg=111

However, for some reason, IE thinks that "action.do" is a program,
with the extention of "do" and so instead of sending the URL back to
the server, it pops up a window saying:

"action.do from server, Choose an Option: Run this program from its
current location or Save this program to disk."

Of course, either choice fails since I am not trying to run a program,
I want the request to be sent to the application server.

I'm sure there is a setting somewhere either on Windows CE or IE that
will tell it not to think the a .do file is a program, but for the
life of me I cannot find it. Any help would be hugely appreciated!!