Dom Perignon II Contest - Second Week Breaks 75 wpm

Hannes Frischat

Jun 28, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/28/00
The second week of the Dom Perignon II Speed Contest confirms
the domination of alternative input methods for fast text entry
and pushed the record speed beyond 75 words per minute.
Several entries were submitted using Fitaly, FitalyStamp,
Graffiti,
and Qwerty and you can see the full results at:

http://fitaly.com/board/domperignon/index.html

Current Top Ten:

FitalyStamp 75.82 wpm Jared Feddersen
FitalyStamp 74.53 wpm Ken (balmon)
FitalyStamp 70.11 wpm Danny Lin
FitalyStamp 68.25 wpm Faith Perez
FitalyStamp 68.02 wpm Michael Nelson
FitalyStamp 62.24 wpm JohnH
Fitaly 59.82 wpm Ein
Fitaly 59.82 wpm Will Lau
Fitaly 58.47 wpm S London

There are videos planned by the top group for a speed
demonstration.

Here are the 10 winners of a FitalyStamp or a Fitaly for
PocketPC for this week's new contenders

FitalyStamp Jared Feddersen
FitalyStamp Faith Perez
Fitaly Will Lau
Fitaly WinCE Alan Perry
Qwerty Ted Martin
Fitaly Kessler
Fitaly David Eckhardt
Graffiti Stephane Negri
Graffiti Jerome Saint-Clair
Graffiti Maurice
Graffiti Laurent Thaler

Note that even if your speed is average, you have a chance to
win one of the ten FitalyStamps awarded next week as the last
week's winners will now only compete for the Dom Perignon
award. And next week again, ten more Stamps will be awarded
to other users.
At the end of the contest, we will also compile speed
statistics by method. So multiple entries are welcome if you
are fluent with alternate methods.

So congratulations to the winners of Week Two, and we welcome
the submission by other users, and also of other methods.

See the contest rules at:
http://www.fitaly.com/domperignon/domperignon2.htm

See the current best entries or post a new one at:
http://fitaly.com/board/domperignon/index.html

So you have three more weeks to demonstrate that the real
purpose of HotSync is to transfer from the Palm to the PC!

Hannes Frischat
Dom Perignon II Speed Contest Moderator