Windows CE 4.2 - Internet Explorer

Kbalz

Jan 17, 2008, 1:51:06 PM1/17/08
Hello - I have a Pocket PC (iPAQ by HP, h4150, 1.0), it is running
Windows CE 4.20

I think it is running Pocket Internet Explorer. My question before I
go into details of why, is can I update the browser that ships with
Windows CE? I can't find it anywhere on MS site.

I'm developing an ASP.NET (2.0) application that will be used by these
Pocket PCs and regular PCs.. I've got my application serving different
displays depending on if the request comes from Windows CE, or Windows
XP.

I'm finding large limitations in the browser that Pocket PC uses..
since Visual Studio's asp controls use lots of CSS on the browser end
when the controls are rendered.. for instance

Visual Studio: <asp:TextBox id="tb" runat="server" Width="60px" />
IE : <input type="text" size="15" name="tb" id="tb"
style="width: 60px;" />

Now IE 7 renders the textbox the correct width, PIE does not. I figure
there is some updates for the browser that will allow it to parse CSS
better. Is there an update to the browser, and where?

Chris Tilley - HPC:Factor

Jan 18, 2008, 6:29:02 AM1/18/08
No you cannot, primarily because your device is running Windows Mobile 2003,
not Windows CE 4.2.

It is possible that there is a Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade route, but not one
to the Windows CE core.

You could look at NetFront or Opera as alternatives though.

Chris Tilley
HPC:Factor - http://www.hpcfactor.com/

"Kbalz" <Kurtas....@gmail.com> wrote in message