CAB file using setup.dll - setup.dll not called if manufacturer contains slash!

mot...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2008, 5:14:17 AM2/12/08

I have created my own setup.dll for use in my Visual Studio 2005 Smart
Device CAB Project.

I have had some problems getting it to work - and i wrote a host
application to load the dll on the device and call the exported
functions to make sure they were defined correctly. When doing this is
worked fine - but when running the cab file the dll was not called.

From another cab file I was able to get the very same dll to work.
After comparing the .inf files generated by visual studio I found out
that if I have a slash in the Manufacturer name specified in the
Properties dialog where you select the CE Setup DLL to use - then the
custom setup.dll was not called!

Anyone else who have seen this (strange) behavior?

My device is a Intermec CK31 running Windows CE .NET 4.2

Regards
Morten