Battery driver call from control panel power.cpp pointer getting corrupted in WEC7

BaglartimusMaximus

Sep 16, 2013, 10:36:33 AM9/16/13
I have ported a Windows CE 5.0 battery driver over to Windows Embedded Compact 7.0, along with the power properties applet in the control panel.

When BatteryGetLifeTimeInfo() is called from the power properties applet, the pointer to the local variable to contain the system time structure gets corrupted, and the function returns 0 for all of the system time structure elements. I have followed the call through in a debug build, and the pointer goes wrong before entry to the function xxx_DeviceIoControl(). This results in the "installed on" line in the power properties dialogue showing garbage.

All other calls from the power properties applet appear to work fine. All other aspects of the battery driver also appear to work ok - i.e. reading voltage, current, state of charge etc.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to why this particular call is going wrong?