DHCP Option Codes rfc 2132

Duncan Perrett

Jul 11, 2014, 12:06:09 PM7/11/14
I am using DHCP Option Code 42 - NTP Server Address.
This means the SNTP server address is sent by the DHCP Server in Option 42 (see rfc 2132).

I can interpret this by regularly polling the registry but I wonder whether there is a way to subscribe to notifications if the NTP Server Address(es) is changed on the DHCP Server?

I think Windows proper might have DhcpRegisterParamChange() but WinCE 6.0 r3 doesn't seem to include this. I want similar behaviour to NorifyAddrChange().

Am I stuck with polling at regular intervals?

Duncan Perrett

Aug 18, 2014, 9:40:39 AM8/18/14
I ended up using CeFindFirstRegChange() and CeFindNextRegChange()