Standard account and Automatic Update or manual updates.

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

GT

ungelesen,
17.02.2007, 00:43:4117.02.07
an
Would like to know if standard account can install Windows Vista critical
updates and Drivers by doing it manually or automatic updates?

Rock

ungelesen,
17.02.2007, 01:02:5117.02.07
an
"GT" <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Would like to know if standard account can install Windows Vista critical
> updates and Drivers by doing it manually or automatic updates?

Yes. If Automatic updates is set to notify you, it doesn't seem to do that
in a Standard account, but you can check manually through Control Panel |
Check for Updates, and they can be installed.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

.Josh

ungelesen,
17.02.2007, 10:43:1917.02.07
an
An administrator needs to setup Automatic update intially, but you can
configure such that a non admin sees the notifications

to do this start GPedit.msc and browse to the followig location

Local Computer Policy | Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates
|Windows Components | Windows Update

Set Allow Non-Administrator to recieve update notifications

Josh

"GT" <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

GT

ungelesen,
17.02.2007, 18:22:0017.02.07
an
I think Window Vista home premium does not include gpedit.msc. I've type
gpedit.msc and it keep giving me that Windows cannot find gpedit.msc. People
here mention that only the business and ultimate version has that tool.

Rock

ungelesen,
17.02.2007, 19:05:3117.02.07
an
"GT" <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I think Window Vista home premium does not include gpedit.msc. I've type
> gpedit.msc and it keep giving me that Windows cannot find gpedit.msc.
> People
> here mention that only the business and ultimate version has that tool.
>

> ".Josh" wrote:
>
>> An administrator needs to setup Automatic update intially, but you can
>> configure such that a non admin sees the notifications
>>
>> to do this start GPedit.msc and browse to the followig location
>>
>> Local Computer Policy | Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates
>> |Windows Components | Windows Update
>>
>> Set Allow Non-Administrator to recieve update notifications
>>
>> Josh
>>

>> "GT" <G...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>> > Would like to know if standard account can install Windows Vista

>> > critical
>> > updates and Drivers by doing it manually or automatic updates?

But the user can still check for updates manually.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Allen antworten
Dem Autor antworten