Smartcard logging - No valid certificates found

AlexZamora

Jul 23, 2008, 2:35:01 PM7/23/08

Im trying to log on to VISTA throug smartcard and when the windows validate
the credentials display this error: "No valid certificates found. check that
the card is inserted correctly and fits tighly"

Do you kno why?

In Win XP I don't have problemas to logging throug smartcard.

Could you help me????

Bruce Chambers

Jul 23, 2008, 9:02:25 PM7/23/08

Does your SmartCard Reader require Vista-specific device drivers? Are
you using a Vista-compatible application to read the SmartCard?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

AlexZamora

Jul 24, 2008, 9:29:03 AM7/24/08
Im using the blackberry smart card reader and I dont have problems about the
controllers in VISTA. And about the software they are two. One from
blackberry smartcard reader to pair throu bluetooth and the other one is from
Safenet that do the log in. I don't know if the safenet software is 100%
compatible with VISTA. When I installed it, it didn't present any problem or
incompatiblity.

Bruce Chambers

Jul 24, 2008, 8:38:30 PM7/24/08
AlexZamora wrote:
> Im using the blackberry smart card reader and I dont have problems about the
> controllers in VISTA. And about the software they are two. One from
> blackberry smartcard reader to pair throu bluetooth and the other one is from
> Safenet that do the log in. I don't know if the safenet software is 100%
> compatible with VISTA. When I installed it, it didn't present any problem or
> incompatiblity.

Does its manufacturer certify it as Vista-compatible?

moises

Jul 30, 2008, 10:10:31 AM7/30/08

any hint about this?

--
moises

Daniel Graham

Mar 5, 2011, 9:26:06 AM3/5/11
You need to upgrade your client.

If using old Gemsafe Libraries you get invalid certificate errors on Vista and 7. You need to upgrade to at least Gemsafe Libraries 5.1.

Then you'll find it'll work perfectly.

Dan