How to convert DVD to MKV HD video?

daisyblue

May 18, 2009, 9:54:51 PM5/18/09

If you want to convert DVD to video to play on laptop or PC, but don�t
want to lose the quality of image and sound, you can convert the DVD to
MKV HD video. This tutorial intends to give you a detailed description
on how to convert DVD to MKV, MKA to keep the high quality, hope it may
give you some help when you meet similar questions.

1. What is MKV and how to play MKV files?

2. How to convert DVD to MKV HD video?

3. How to edit the DVD files before converting?

PART 1: WHAT IS MKV AND HOW TO PLAY MKV FILES?

MKV means "matroska video" and it is a "extensible open standard
Audio/Video container"(not format, also can call"Multimedia Container")
that supports various audio, video and subtitle compression formats.
This file format combines several videostreams, audiostreams, subtitles,
chapters and information in only one file. common AVl, VOB, MPEG, RM
format actually belong to this type. however, they are either obsolete
structure, or open enough, this led to a new type of multi-media package
MKV format was born.

VLC player can be used to open and play .mkv files. VLC player is a
free, open-source media player for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, that can
play files of almost every format. The advantage of VLC player is that
you do not have to install any additional codec (that many other players
require) - this is because most codecs are bundled with VLC player.

VLC Media Player download Link: 'VLC Media Player Free Download -
Uberdownloads.com'
(http://uberdownloads.com/software/video-player/VLC.html)

Here are other recommended MKV Players for playing .mkv files.
� BSPlayer - Windows player for playing back avi/asf/mpeg video files.
� SMPlayer - Multiformat video player that doesn't need codecs.
� FantasyDVD Player - Stylish and well equipped DVD player.
� Media Player Classic - Extremely light-weight media player for
Windows.

PART 2: HOW TO CONVERT DVD TO MKV HD VIDEO?

To convert DVD to MKV video, I use 'Daniusoft DVD ripper'
(http://www.convert-video-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html#141). It is one of the
best DVD Converter, which can help you rip DVD to almost all video and
audio formats including HD video. After download and install it, we can
finish the conversion in 4 simple steps:

[image:
http://www.convert-video-dvd.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper/dvd-ripper-sc.jpg]

Step 1: Import DVD files.
You can either click Add button to insert the files you want to
convert,or easily drag & drop the DVD files into �Getting
started� table.

Step 2: Customize output settings.
Click the "Convert to" drop-down menu to select the output format. Then
click the "Target Path" button to find the destination folder for saving
output format. A regular DVD movie has multiple subtitles and audio
tracks, and you can select the right one for you.

Step 3: Edit video files.(optional)
Click �Edit� button, you are allowed to make wonderful video editing.

Step 4: Start conversion.
Click �Start� button on right bottom of the main interface, you are
allowed to start conversion. All the tasks of conversion will be
finished at fast speed and high output quality.

PART 3: HOW TO EDIT THE DVD FILES BEFORE CONVERTING?

As we know, HandBrake can rip DVD to various video formats, however, it
can�t help you to edit your DVD movie. Then 'Daniusoft DVD ripper'
(http://www.convert-video-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html#141) can help you to
realize it, all that you need to do is clicking the �Edit� button on the
interface.

1. Crop video size
If you want to get appropriate video size designed for your player, you
can adjust video size by clicking "crop"after entering the edit page.

'[image:
http://www.convert-video-dvd.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper/dvd-ripper-crop.jpg]'
(http://www.convert-video-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html#141)

2. Adjust video effect
If you want to make special effect to your video, you can click
"Effect" to adjust video effect.

3. Trim video clips
If you want to split your video into segment, you can click "Trim" to
make trimming of video.

4. Design watermark
If you want to color your video by adding some text or image
information as watermark, you can click "watermark" to realize it.

--
daisyblue
daisyblue's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=11933

http://camcorderanswers.com

ShraD

May 19, 2009, 5:38:57 AM5/19/09

::Summer days are days not to stay at home. But
great holidays are nothing without lovely music.

You don`t know how to take your favourite music or movies or video
clips with you? There is nothing easier!::

[image: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8070/ms045.jpg]

[ F O N T = \ " B o o k A n t i q u a \ " ] * ' M e l o d y C a n
w o r l d # 1 C o n v e r t e r ' ( h t t p : / / w w w . m e l o d
y c a n . c o m / d o w n l o a d _ p a g e . h t m l ) * c a m e t
o s a v e y o u t i m e a n d m a k e y o u r r e s t m
u c h b e t t e r .

~ > L E T S ' C O N V E R T A N Y V I D E O ' ( H T T P : /
/ W W W . M E L O D Y C A N . C O M / C O N V E R T _ V I D E O _ T O _
A V I _ M P 4 . H T M L ) [ / B ] F I L E F O R M A T ( * D V D ,
V O B , M P 4 , A V I , W M V , M O V * A N D M O R E ) *
T O I P O D , Z U N E , S O N Y

W A L K M A N , B L U E B E R R Y E T C .

[ b ] ~ > l e t s ' r e m o v e D R M ' ( h t t p : / / w w w
. m e l o d y c a n . c o m / r e m o v e _ d r m . h t m l ) * f r o
m a n y p r o t e c t e d a u d i o ( * w m a , m 4 a , m 4
b , r a x , . a a , r a * a n d m o r e ) a n d v i d e o
( * m p 4 , w m v , d v d * a n d

m o r e ) t o u n p r o t e c t e d f i l e f o r m a t ( m
p 3 , a v i , m p 4 e t c . )

* ~ > l e t s s a v e , d o w n l o a d a n d ' c o n v e r
t Y o u T u b e ' ( h t t p : / / m e l o d y c a n . c o m / y o u
t u b e _ r i p p e r . h t m l ) f i l e s t o M P 3 , M P 4
o r A V I f o r m a t s * . [ / F O N T ]

-For more product information, updates and tutorials please visit
'MelodyCan: Convert Any Purchased or Copied Audio and Video Files, Audio
CD Ripper, YouTube Ripper Plug-in' (http://www.melodycan.com)-

SAVE YOUR TIME! CONVERT YOUR FILES IN GOOD
QUALITY!

*'MELODYCAN WORLD#1 CONVERTER'
(HTTP://WWW.MELODYCAN.COM/DOWNLOAD_PAGE.HTML) - WE DO OUR BEST FOR YOUR
GREAT REST!*

--
ShraD
ShraD's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=11957

LQ

May 24, 2009, 2:44:34 AM5/24/09
On 5月19日, 上午9时54分, daisyblue <daisyblue.3se...@no-
mx.forums.camcorderanswers.com> wrote:
> [...]

> realize it, all that you need to do is clicking the “Edit” button on the
> interface.
>
> 1. Crop video size
> If you want to get appropriate video size designed for your player, you
> can adjust video size by clicking "crop"after entering the edit page.
>
> '[image:http://www.convert-video-dvd.com/images/guide/dvd-ripper/dvd-ripper-c...]'

> (http://www.convert-video-dvd.com/dvd-ripper.html#141)
>
> 2. Adjust video effect
> If you want to make special effect to your video, you can click
> "Effect" to adjust video effect.
>
> 3. Trim video clips
> If you want to split your video into segment, you can click "Trim" to
> make trimming of video.
>
> 4. Design watermark
> If you want to color your video by adding some text or image
> information as watermark, you can click "watermark" to realize it.

there is another software can do this :
Did you hear of the Total Video2Dvd?I think it is your best
choice.it's safe and works pretty well.It is the most powerful
conversion tool that it can “Auto Convert and Burn MKV, Blu-ray TS,
M2TS, AVCHD MTS, HDV1080i, Divx, Rm, Wmv, Avi to DVD Video Disc
directly.”It is very easy to use, and offer the better quality,.You
can try it.
Source(s):
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Total+Video2Dvd&btnG=Google+Search&aq=o&oq=
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_video_to_DVD_Author/index.htm

daisyblue

Jun 1, 2009, 3:59:10 AM6/1/09

Here is also a good tutorial about how to convert mkv files to
ipod.iphone:
'HD video converter: How to convert MKV to MP4, MOV to play on iPhone,
iPod touch nano?' (http://tinyurl.com/lh2waq)

ShraD

Jun 1, 2009, 11:16:05 AM6/1/09

'CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3' (HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ/BUY.HTML)[/B] IS
A *'SOFTWARE TO CONVERT WMA TO MP3'
(HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ/BUY.HTML)*. THIS

SOFTWARE HELPS YOU TO LISTEN YOUR MUSIC ON YOUR *'IPOD'
(HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ/BUY.HTML)*, *'ZUNE'
(HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ/BUY.HTML)*,

SONY WALKMAN, BURN THEM TO CD, UPLOAD THEM ON YOUR CELL PHONE, USE THEM
ON WHATEVER DEVICE YOU WANT.

USING *'WMA TO MP3 CONVERTER' (HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ)* YOU
CAN EASILY CONVERT YOUR PROTECTED (OR UNPROTECTED) MUSIC FILES TO MOST
FREQUENTLY USED UNPROTECTED

FORMATS.

INTERFACE IS VERY EASY TO USE, WITHOUT FLASHY COLOURS OR GRAPHICS. ALL
YOU NEED TO DO IS TO ADD YOUR PROTECTED FILES TO BATCH LIST, SELECT
DESIRABLE OUTPUT FORMAT AND PRESS START

BUTTON.

[image:
HTTP://WWW.VERYICON.COM/ICON/PNG/MEDIA/IPOD%20VIDEO%20VALENTINE/IPOD%20VIDEO%20BLACK%20FAVORITE.PNG]

*USE BATCH CONVERSION MODE TO SAVE TIME AND CONVERT YOUR ENTIRE VIDEO
LIBRARY WITH ONE CLICK!

LIST OF SUPPORTED INPUT FORMATS:

'MP3' (HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ)*, *'WMA'
(HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ)*, AAC, WAV, OGG, APE, M4A, MP2,
AIFF, FLAC, VQF, *

'AVI' (HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ)*, MPEG, MPG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2,
*'MPEG-4' (HTTP://WWW.CONVERT-WMA-TO-MP3.BIZ)*, WMV, ASF, DAT, SUN AU
FORMAT AND MANY OTHERS

*LIST OF SUPPORTED MOBILE DEVICES:

* iPod
* Zune
* iPhone
* any mp3 player
* any mp3 compatible phone, mobile device or even car audio system

[b]'Try now! For FREE!' (http://www.convert-wma-to-mp3.biz/buy.html) +
Get YouTube Ripper for FREE*

--
ShraD
ShraD's Profile: http://camcorderanswers.com/member.php?userid=11957

kayla...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2013, 2:24:37 AM8/28/13
To deal with various video/blu-ray/dvd/audio problems, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is the solution. It is all-in-one software and can solve almost all video problems. It converts DVD to HD mkv with ease.
http://www.aunsoft.com/imedia-converter-mac/