need to convert saved .eml files

Ronzlo

Jan 15, 2010, 5:49:01 PM1/15/10
When using Windows Mail we had saved a bunch of emails to folders on the
C-drive (.eml). We recently bought a new PC running Windows 7 and Outlook
2007, and now can't open/read these saved messages because Oulook doesn't
recognize .eml files. Is there a way to convert these to .msg files, or is
there another way to open the saved .eml messages?
Thanks a lot
--
Ron S

Gary VanderMolen (MVP)

Jan 16, 2010, 12:38:57 AM1/16/10
You might ask in the Outlook newsgroup where the Outlook experts hang out:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

Steve Cochran

Jan 16, 2010, 6:54:01 AM1/16/10
I would import the eml files on the old machine into Outlook and then you
can move the pst files to the new machine.

Otherwise see if there is an solution in the Outlook NGs as Gary suggested.

steve

mark...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2013, 2:23:46 AM4/25/13
Hello,

You can very easily convert saved EML files into Outlook PST Files with the help of Kernel for EML to PST Converter Tool.You can get more information about this tool from here http://www.emltooutlook.net/

adolph...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2014, 6:04:02 AM6/17/14
Yes, there is another safe way to convert .eml to .PST, .MSG moreover .EML file which allows you to open the stored emails of WM on Windows 7 with Outlook 2007. This is eventual Windows Live Mail Converter utility which is all in one, secured also straightforward to execute on all Win OS. You can get more details plus can make effort-

http://emltopstconverter.tumblr.com

addisi...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2017, 6:56:12 AM11/29/17
Easiest way to convert all EML file of different email clients like Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail, Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook PST file format. This software is also well supported by all MS Outlook and Windows platform.By using this tool, you can select multiple EML files at a time for converting them into Outlook PST format. Visit here for more details:-http://www.outlookconverter.net/eml-to-pst

dwanes...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2018, 5:59:14 AM1/17/18
I would like to suggest you to use of EML to PST Converter Software which also provides great functionality to the user to convert EML files from Windows Live Mail to PST. It extracts all the essential email components like To, Bcc, Cc, Sent, From, Received, Attachments, etc.It also convert EML files to Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, Vista Mail, mac mail, etc into PST format.Also support all Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, Xp, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. Read more information https://www.softknoll.com/eml-to-pst-converter/

Antonio Bill

Oct 16, 2023, 1:37:56 AM10/16/23
You need to convert the saved .eml files. Many users face this problem but I have found the best solution which is you can open and view your .eml file on your computer. I recommend Mailvita EML to MSG Converter tool as a smart solution to convert saved .eml files to .msg file format. Users can save emails and attachments from EML files to MSG file format. It also supports .eml files of all email clients like Windows Live Mail, Apple Mail, eM Client, Thunderbird, Outlook Express, etc. This application supports all macOS and Windows OS versions. This software supports all MS Outlook versions like 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003. Download the free demo version of the utility.

Go to: https://www.mailvita.com/eml-to-msg-converter-for-mac/