message stuck in outbox

mikeskoda

Oct 29, 2007, 6:29:02 PM10/29/07
I have a message stuck in my outbox that cannot be moved or deleted.Now when
I open windows mail it brings up a pop up saying you have one or more
messages in your outbox do not have a valid account specified would you like
to use your default account to send these messages ?I have to click no then
its starts send and receive
I have spoken to my ISP provider they cannot help.Help please its very
annoying and its slowing up the e-mail opperation

Michael

Oct 29, 2007, 7:13:00 PM10/29/07
Did you ever get a response to your question here?
I have exactly the same problem in Vista64, and it is making Windows Mail a
real nightmare to use, since I need to check Email every few minutes and then
I have to click on 2 separate dialogs to continue to check mail. Sending mail
anytime requires the same gymnastics.

Michael

Gary VanderMolen

Oct 29, 2007, 7:49:14 PM10/29/07
Try Microsoft's fix:

"Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
computer that is running Windows Vista"

That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.
--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Catherine

Oct 29, 2007, 10:28:00 PM10/29/07
Thanks Gary! I've been looking for a solution for MONTHS!! Yours was the
only actual post that worked. Thank you so much for sharing!

Gary VanderMolen

Oct 29, 2007, 10:46:16 PM10/29/07
Glad to help.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

mikeskoda

Oct 30, 2007, 5:38:04 PM10/30/07
Try this Fix it worked for my problem
mh1977

mikeskoda

Oct 30, 2007, 5:41:02 PM10/30/07
hi I found a solution by scrolling though the posts see garys post
--
mh1977

J@discussions.microsoft.com Lady J

Nov 4, 2007, 5:34:00 PM11/4/07

Lady J

Nov 4, 2007, 5:39:41 PM11/4/07
Lady J want to know why can't I send e-mail out?

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

Nov 4, 2007, 10:50:08 PM11/4/07
"Lady J" <La...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Lady J want to know why can't I send e-mail out?

Good Post:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
Getting Your Post Noticed -- and Answered
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2001/Mar01/Mar27pmvp.asp
How Not to Get Help in Newsgroups

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com
Do not send email

Lilianne Legault

Nov 4, 2007, 10:52:42 PM11/4/07

"Lady J" <Lady J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

daleandmar

Nov 15, 2007, 6:29:01 AM11/15/07
Mikeskoda,
I am having the same problem. Did you find a fix?
daleandmar

daleandmar

Nov 15, 2007, 6:28:01 AM11/15/07

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Nov 15, 2007, 9:34:05 AM11/15/07
You may have to delete those messages from the Outbox.

If they seem stuck, download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not
running:

It's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, but also works in other
folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or the
64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first. Note that if you have an
antivirus program from Norton or McAfee, the problem is likely to
come back eventually, in which case you should try the same fix
again.

"daleandmar" <dalea...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

brink

Nov 15, 2007, 9:44:21 AM11/15/07

daleandmar;514473 Wrote:
> Mikeskoda,
> I am having the same problem. Did you find a fix?
> daleandmar

Hi DaleandMar,

This will fix your problem:
Read the "First" section in this tutorial about antivirus programs to
help prevent this from happening again, then install the KB941090
Microsoft Update in the "Second" section to fix the stuck message
problem.

'Windows Mail problems'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html)

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*

Dave

Nov 15, 2007, 10:45:58 AM11/15/07
You might download and install this newer fix, with Windows Mail not
running:

AUREA DE LA CONCHA

Nov 15, 2007, 1:14:46 PM11/15/07

"daleandmar" <dalea...@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
de noticias news:C64131EF-3B45-4E46...@microsoft.com...

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Nov 15, 2007, 1:42:46 PM11/15/07
Download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works for

other
folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or the 64-bit

version, try the 32-bit version first. Note that certain common antivirus
programs, such as most of those from Norton or McAfee, tend to cause
this problem, although seldom immediately, so plan to be able to use the
same fix again if you have one of these programs.

"AUREA DE LA CONCHA" <aureade...@auna.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 15, 2007, 2:12:46 PM11/15/07
Use the fix that is posted in this forum several dozen times each day:

Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Jed Starkey UK

Nov 23, 2007, 2:24:00 PM11/23/07
Hi Gary
I dont know a great deal about PCs so can you tell me what procedure to
follow as I am having the same problems as many thousands of other people who
are using this shite Vista

Please help its driving me mad

Jed Starkey UK

Nov 23, 2007, 2:52:01 PM11/23/07

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 23, 2007, 3:20:44 PM11/23/07
You didn't say which particular problem you were experiencing, but if you mean
the issue of having a stuck message in the Outbox, I gave the URL for that fix below.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

"Jed Starkey UK" <JedSta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Veronica

Nov 24, 2007, 4:07:01 PM11/24/07
you seem to have good answers. i tried downloading the 941090 like you had
suggested but when i try to open it i get a pop-up saying that the update
does not apply to my system. any other tricks?

Gary VanderMolen

Nov 24, 2007, 6:50:02 PM11/24/07
Veronica, perhaps your issue is a little different. Please describe the
exact symptoms and include a copy of any error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

mbbrown

Nov 28, 2007, 10:49:01 PM11/28/07

brink

Nov 29, 2007, 5:56:40 AM11/29/07

mbbrown;528678 Wrote:
> "mikeskoda" wrote:

Hi MbBrown,

coleman

Dec 7, 2007, 9:31:01 AM12/7/07

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Dec 7, 2007, 10:56:12 AM12/7/07

"coleman" <col...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in

other
folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or the 64-bit

version, try the 32-bit version first. Certain common antivirus programs,
such as most of those from Norton or McAfee, or a recent one from
Trend, tend to cause such problems, although seldom immediately, so if
you have such a program, remember where to find the fix - you are
likely to need it again.

After applying the fix, you may still need to delete the message causing
problems.

imstbedrmn

Dec 13, 2007, 11:34:02 PM12/13/07
Veronica, I have the same problem. Has ANYONE found a solutionA?

brink

Dec 14, 2007, 12:25:53 AM12/14/07

imstbedrmn;544181 Wrote:
> Veronica, I have the same problem. Has ANYONE found a solutionA?

Hi Imstbedrmn,

This will fix the stuck undeletable message problem:

Read the "First" section in this tutorial about antivirus programs to
help prevent this from happening again, then install the KB941090
Microsoft Update in the "Second" section to fix the stuck message
problem.

Try the direct download links in the "Second" section if you keep
getting the "Not for your computer" message.

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Dec 14, 2007, 9:51:19 AM12/14/07
Did you try both the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version of the 941090
download? What you saw sounds like what will happen if you try to
install the wrong one.

"imstbedrmn" <imstb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

BDYoung

Dec 15, 2007, 2:35:00 PM12/15/07

BDYoung

Dec 15, 2007, 2:37:00 PM12/15/07

BDYoung

Dec 15, 2007, 2:38:01 PM12/15/07

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Dec 15, 2007, 3:16:43 PM12/15/07

"BDYoung" <BDY...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or
the 64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first. Certain common antivirus
programs, such as most of those from Norton or McAfee, or a recent
one from Trend, tend to cause such problems, although seldom
immediately, so if you have such a program, remember where to find
the fix - you are likely to need it again.

After you apply the fix and send some messages, you may still have
to delete the messages that didn't leave the Outbox.

mari cayetano

Dec 17, 2007, 4:22:02 AM12/17/07
i open window mail it brings up a pop up saying you have or more message in
your outbox mail
--
M.Y.L.Y.

sherbert

Dec 17, 2007, 4:30:02 AM12/17/07
Will this fix wok on a couple of ny emails that have got stuck in the IN box?
Thanks

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Try Microsoft's fix:

> "Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
> computer that is running Windows Vista"
>
> That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
> you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.
> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

sherbert

Dec 17, 2007, 5:53:00 AM12/17/07

"sherbert" wrote:

> Will this fix work on a couple of my emails that have got stuck in the IN box?

sherbert

Dec 17, 2007, 5:57:01 AM12/17/07

"sherbert" wrote:

> Will this fix work on a couple of my emails that have got stuck in the IN box?

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Dec 17, 2007, 8:22:01 AM12/17/07
This fix works in other folders, such as the Inbox, also.

"sherbert" <sher...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

brink

Dec 17, 2007, 12:01:36 PM12/17/07

sherbert;547094 Wrote:
> Will this fix wok on a couple of ny emails that have got stuck in the IN
> box?
> Thanks
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
> > > >
> > > Try Microsoft's fix:
> > >
> > > 'Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
> > computer that is running Windows Vista'
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090)

> > > "Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
> > > computer that is running Windows Vista"
> > >
> > > That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
> > > you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.
> > > --
> > > Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
> > >

> > > "mikeskoda" <mikeskoda@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> > news:07DB2907-B078-4F65-A686-5050B31B48AF@xxxxxx> > > > >
> > > deleted.Now when
> > > more
> > > you like
> > > no then
> > > very

Hi Sherbert,

Yes, this will fix your stuck undeletable email problem:

Read the "First" section in this tutorial about antivirus programs to
help prevent this from happening again, then install the KB941090
Microsoft Update in the "Second" section to fix the stuck message
problem.

_Windows_Mail_problems (\"http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html\")_

kloost...@yahoo.es

Dec 22, 2007, 4:11:39 PM12/22/07
tengo problema no puedo enviara

"imstbedrmn" <imstb...@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

kloost...@yahoo.es

Dec 22, 2007, 4:12:31 PM12/22/07
nhbgfv

"imstbedrmn" <imstb...@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

valchuck

Dec 28, 2007, 5:57:00 AM12/28/07

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Dec 28, 2007, 10:04:41 AM12/28/07

"valchuck" <valc...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Try deleting the message in the Outbox that won't send. If any won't
delete, download and install this fix with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for email stuck in the Outbox, it also works in

brink

Dec 28, 2007, 11:27:41 AM12/28/07

Hi Valchuck,

This will fix the stuck undeletable email message problem:

The KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. You must stop
the cause to prevent it from happening again. Read the "First" section
in this tutorial about antivirus and anti-spyware/adware programs to

help prevent this from happening again, then install the KB941090
Microsoft Update in the "Second" section to fix the stuck message
problem.

'Windows Mail problems'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html)

Shawn

--
brink

'*Vista Forums*'

Unknown

Dec 30, 2007, 3:35:00 PM12/30/07

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Dec 30, 2007, 4:05:07 PM12/30/07

"rev...@tampabay.rr.com"
<rev...@tampabay.rr.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in

other folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or
the 64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first. Certain common antivirus
programs, such as most of those from Norton or McAfee, or a recent
one from Trend, tend to cause such problems, although seldom
immediately, so if you have such a program, remember where to find
the fix - you are likely to need it again.

You may still have to delete the message it is complaining about
after applying the fix.

kloost...@yahoo.es

Jan 1, 2008, 5:40:54 PM1/1/08

"imstbedrmn" <imstb...@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Jan 1, 2008, 9:19:02 PM1/1/08
Have you tried both the 32-bit version of 941090 and the 64-bit version?
One of the two will refuse to install, but which one depends on what
version of Vista you have.

Also, what if any antivirus programs do you have? Some of them tend to
cause such problems, although seldom immediately.

<kloost...@yahoo.es> wrote in message

JakeSwen

Jan 12, 2008, 7:54:00 PM1/12/08

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Jan 12, 2008, 8:58:34 PM1/12/08

"JakeSwen" <Jake...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Download and install this fix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether to use the 32-bit version or
the 64-bit version, try the 32-bit version first. Certain common
antivirus programs, such as most of those from Norton or McAfee,

or a recent one from Trend, tend to cause such problems, although
seldom immediately, so if you have such a program, remember

where to find the fix - you are likely to need it again.

You should then be able to delete the messages it is complaining
about.

Qamruddin@discussions.microsoft.com Mohd Qamruddin

Jan 17, 2008, 3:50:00 AM1/17/08

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Jan 17, 2008, 10:05:35 AM1/17/08

"Mohd Qamruddin" <Mohd Qamr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Jorge Gavidia

Feb 3, 2008, 8:48:01 AM2/3/08

Jorge Gavidia
Aurinkor
Finland

Filip Van Lerberge

Feb 3, 2008, 9:13:21 AM2/3/08
I just fixed the same problem. Shawn gave me the solution.

Filip Van Lerberge;594751 Wrote:
> I have a mail in my Mailbox Out which I can't send or delete because
> there
> is an error in the message and/or attachment.
> How can I delete this "ghost mail" ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Filip

Hi Filip,

This will help show you how to fix the stuck undeletable email message
problem.

Installing the KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. You
must stop the cause to prevent it from happening again. Read the section
titled "FIRST" in this tutorial about antivirus and anti-spyware/adware

programs to help prevent this from happening again, then install the

KB941090 Microsoft Update in the section titled "SECOND" to fix and be
able to delete the stuck message from the problem folder.

Have a great day,
Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*

"Jorge Gavidia" <jo...@aurinkor.com> schreef in bericht

DianeG

Feb 3, 2008, 10:38:00 AM2/3/08
I had the same thing. Said the download was not for my machine . I have a
new computer with 32bit Vista on it . Have a mail stuck in my outbox. I Have
dleted all my mail addresses ... reinstalled but still there . Are there no
DBX boxes to delete in Vista ... thanks for any help
DianeG

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Veronica, perhaps your issue is a little different. Please describe the
> exact symptoms and include a copy of any error message.

> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Feb 3, 2008, 11:18:52 AM2/3/08
You probably need the 32-bit version of the fix, then, but also try the
64-bit version just in case. The wrong one will just refuse to install.

What if any antivirus programs do you have? Some of them cause such
problems.

Windows Mail doesn't use .dbx files. It stores mail in .eml files, but also
uses a few more extensions for such things as the index files.

"DianeG" <Dia...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Brink

Feb 3, 2008, 11:15:29 AM2/3/08

DianeG;594946 Wrote:
> I had the same thing. Said the download was not for my machine . I have
> new computer with 32bit Vista on it . Have a mail stuck in my outbox. I
> Have
> dleted all my mail addresses ... reinstalled but still there . Are
> there no
> DBX boxes to delete in Vista ... thanks for any help
> DianeG
>
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
> > > >
> > > Veronica, perhaps your issue is a little different. Please describe
> > the
> > > exact symptoms and include a copy of any error message.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]
> > >

> > > "Veronica" <Veronica@xxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi DianeG,

See if this can help you how fix the stuck undeletable email message

jeff

Feb 3, 2008, 10:32:02 PM2/3/08
I also have message stuck in my out box.I have downloaded 941090 both the
32bit and the 64bit and when I try to run either one i get a pop-up saying
that the updates does not apply to my system. I also cannot send and receive
mail through windows mail. When i click on the tab to send or receive mail I
get an error message stating that the pop3 server could not be found. I check
the server and it was still there. Any ideas?
--
jefferson newman

Gary VanderMolen

Feb 4, 2008, 12:51:28 AM2/4/08
Right-click on the error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
It contains diagnostic information that will help us with troubleshooting.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Simo Pietilä

Feb 5, 2008, 2:40:08 PM2/5/08
The same problem occurred to me today. I found the solution here. After
installing KB941090 I was able to delete the mail from outbox.

Simo

"DianeG" <Dia...@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä

Unknown

Feb 17, 2008, 9:55:01 AM2/17/08
HI Gary I still have mail stuck in my out box this is my error message:
Socket Error: 10060 , Port: 25, Protocol: SMTP.A connection attempt failed
because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time,
or established connection failed because connected host has failed to
respond. Hope you can help.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Try Microsoft's fix:

> "Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
> computer that is running Windows Vista"
>
> That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
> you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.

> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Feb 17, 2008, 10:13:23 AM2/17/08
That doesn't look like a complete error message, and we often need parts
of it you wouldn't expect to offer much help.

Does your connection to that server cross over from one internet provider's
equipment to another's before it reaches the server? If so, such
connections
to port 25 are often blocked to cause problems for spammers. In this case,
you should ask windstream.net if their outgoing email server listens for
outgoing mail on any port other than port 25, and if so, the details of how
switch to the other port. Just trying all the ports is a very slow way to
find
out - there are about 65,000 ports available.

"tpar...@windstream.net"
<tpar...@windstream.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Elaine Gregory

Feb 20, 2008, 11:52:58 AM2/20/08
I have a message that I cannot delete from my outbox and am puzzled as to
how to fix the problem. It is preventing me from sending emails from my
laptop...HELP

Bob F.

Feb 20, 2008, 11:56:38 AM2/20/08
"Elaine Gregory" <beach...@embarqmail.com> wrote in message

>I have a message that I cannot delete from my outbox and am puzzled as to
>how to fix the problem. It is preventing me from sending emails from my
>laptop...HELP

Try this:
BobF.

Ohrr

Feb 20, 2008, 12:11:02 PM2/20/08

Tried this fix but still can't get messages out of outbox.

Ohrr

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Feb 20, 2008, 2:27:31 PM2/20/08
Did you try installing both the 32-bit version and the 64-bit version?
At least one will just refuse to install, but which one depends on
which version of Vista you have.

Did the fix at least make it so that you are now able to move the
message to the Drafts folder or delete it?

If this doesn't help, who is your email provider (probably the
same as your internet provider) and what if any antivirus programs
do you have?

"Ohrr" <Oh...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

pegster08

Feb 26, 2008, 6:46:01 PM2/26/08

Brink

Feb 27, 2008, 12:22:11 PM2/27/08

Ohrr;619603 Wrote:
> Tried this fix but still can't get messages out of outbox.
>

> Ohrr
>

> "Bob F." wrote:
> > > >
> > > "Elaine Gregory" <beachbound@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Try this:
> > > 'Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
> > computer that is running Windows Vista'
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/941090)
> > > BobF.

Hi Ohrr,

This will help show you how to fix the stuck undeletable email message
problem:

The KB941090 update will just fix the problem for now. You must stop
the cause to prevent it from happening again. Read the "First" section

in this tutorial about antivirus and anti-spyware/adware programs to
help prevent this from happening again, then install the KB941090

Microsoft Update in the "Second" section to fix the stuck message
problem.

'Windows Mail problems'
(http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html)

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista x64 Forums*'

a simms@discussions.microsoft.com sandra a simms

Mar 5, 2008, 4:03:00 AM3/5/08
thanks so much - this actually worked
sandra a simms

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> "Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
> computer that is running Windows Vista"
>

> That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
> you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.
> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

Gary VanderMolen

Mar 5, 2008, 4:51:45 PM3/5/08
Glad to hear it.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

"sandra a simms" <sandra a si...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

do i get my messags at of my outbox?@discussions.microsoft.com how do i get my messags at of my outbox?

Mar 24, 2008, 3:07:10 PM3/24/08

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Mar 24, 2008, 7:16:55 PM3/24/08

"how do i get my messags at of my outbox?" <how do i get my messags at of my
outbox?@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
For the undeletable messages, download and install this hotfix, with Windows
Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in

other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.

Certain common antivirus programs, such as most of those from

Norton or McAfee, tend to cause this and other problems in
Windows Mail, although seldom immediately, so if you have such a
program, remember where to find the hotfix, and hope it will install
again if you need it again. A recent version of the Trend antivirus
program also causes assorted problems in Windows Mail.

@discussions.microsoft.com cindy

Mar 31, 2008, 12:10:00 PM3/31/08

iam having problems with my email. sending i messages stuck in my out box
this is the message iam getting, can someone help me,.

an unknown error has occurred. Subject '', Account: 'mail.mchsi.com',
Server: 'mail.mchsi.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '450 12.214.7.232
has too many connections ( 2 ) on sccmmhc92', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 450, Error Number: 0x800CCC68

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Mar 31, 2008, 2:00:04 PM3/31/08
You may be trying to send a message with a blank subject line, which
some email servers object to.

Also, that server may not be properly recognizing when you have
stopped using some connections to it, and therefore keeping those
connections alive after you stop using them and therefore having
too many active at once.

See if these instructions help:

http://www.mchsi.com/help/read/publisher_02/2002-01-15.33

They were written for Outlook Express, but should also work under
Windows Mail if they don't call for the HTTP protocol.

Does your connection to that server cross over from one internet
provider's equipment to another's before it reaches the server?

If so, such connections to port 25 are often blocked to cause trouble
for spammers.

You might try to move the messages that stay in the Outbox to the
Drafts folder, or delete them. If any refuse to do either, download

and install this hotfix, with Windows Mail not running:

Although it's labelled as for mail stuck in the Outbox, it also works in
other folders. If you don't know whether you have a 32-bit version
of Vista or a 64-bit version, try the hotfix for the 32-bit version first.
Certain common antivirus programs, such as most of those from

Norton or McAfee, tend to cause stuck messages and other problems

in Windows Mail, although seldom immediately, so if you have such a
program, remember where to find the hotfix, and hope it will install
again if you need it again. A recent version of the Trend antivirus
program also causes assorted problems in Windows Mail.

"cindy" <cindy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Mar 31, 2008, 4:26:59 PM3/31/08
Do you have more than one computer on a home network?
"Too many connections (2)" seems to imply that.

Which antivirus are you using? Some of them are not very
compatible with Windows Mail.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

pmills

Apr 1, 2008, 2:18:03 AM4/1/08
I just set up email and I can send, but can't receive messages Does HP have
a live person to talk to

Gary VanderMolen

Apr 1, 2008, 3:33:40 AM4/1/08
No, they're all dead at HP. ;-)

If you would like us to help you, please post the complete error message.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Apr 1, 2008, 11:13:51 AM4/1/08
They'll probably want you to make sure you're up to date on any
updates needed for your HP equipment first. See here:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

Click on Contact HP there to find ways of contacting them.

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 3:19:04 PM4/1/08
I have downloaded the suggested fix, but still get the same error message
even after restarting my computer. I'm very frustrated.

Gary VanderMolen

Apr 1, 2008, 4:00:51 PM4/1/08
After downloading that fix, did you double-click on it so that it runs?
Did it give any response or error message?

Perhaps that fix is not applicable for your problem. Are there a collection
of unsent messages in your Outbox? If so, move them to the Drafts
folder. If one message won't move and can't be deleted, the KB941090
fix should work. If your symptoms are a little different, please describe.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Apr 1, 2008, 6:53:14 PM4/1/08
Did you try installing both the 32-bit version of the KB941090 hotfix
and the 64-bit version? One should refuse to install, but usually not
the other one. Just downloading either of them, without installing them,
doesn't help.

If that doesn't help either, click on the error message and copy it to your
from the previous error messages.

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 7:49:01 PM4/1/08
I've tried all of what has been suggested here, downloaded the recommended
fix and I still get this error message when trying to send email:
inactivity. Subject 'Re: Duplicate charge ', Account: 'mail.comcast.net',
Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Try Microsoft's fix:

> "Messages may be stuck in the Outbox when you use Windows Mail on a
> computer that is running Windows Vista"
>
> That page offers two download options. Unless you know for sure
> you have 64-bit Vista, use the 32-bit option.

> --
> Gary VanderMolen [MS-MVP WLM]

BobF.

Apr 1, 2008, 7:54:41 PM4/1/08
Configure Comcast to use SMTP Port 587:

http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=EmailOutlook18914&cookieattempt=1
See if that works.
--
Regards, BobF.

"kathy777" <kath...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 10:58:01 PM4/1/08
I've downloaded the "fixes" you've recommended but I still get this error
message:
The host 'smtp.comcast.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly.

Subject 'Re: Duplicate charge ', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server:
'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 11:02:00 PM4/1/08
I moved the 2 emails to the Draft file ok. Problem still exists when trying
to send from Windows Mail.

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 11:05:00 PM4/1/08
I downloaded and it automatically installed the 32 bit version, so no, I
haven't tried the 64 bit version. Is there something else I have to do to
make this download work on my computer?

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 11:07:01 PM4/1/08

I don't understand what that means, sorry. Also, I should tell you that I've
been using Windows Mail for the last 2 months without any trouble - this only
started yesterday. Why the sudden problem?

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 11:12:01 PM4/1/08
i think that worked! I just sent a test email and it went through! Thank
you so much!

Gary VanderMolen

Apr 1, 2008, 11:19:15 PM4/1/08
No, that download is not applicable to your issue.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Gary VanderMolen

Apr 1, 2008, 11:20:53 PM4/1/08
That means the KB941090 fix does not apply to you.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

Gary VanderMolen

Apr 1, 2008, 11:21:50 PM4/1/08
Are you using a laptop away from home?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 11:49:05 PM4/1/08
I thought I had it resolved by changing the comcast server thing to 587 but
it's not working now. I am more than a little frustrated at this point.

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 11:53:01 PM4/1/08
no, I'm on my laptop at home. It's worked fine the last 2 months since I got
it, but since yesterday, Mail won't allow my outgoing emails to be sent.

kathy777

Apr 1, 2008, 11:56:01 PM4/1/08
I spoke too soon. It's still not working

Gary VanderMolen

Apr 2, 2008, 12:33:18 AM4/2/08
Please post the error message you get with port 587.
Also, make sure you have "My server requires authentication"
enabled. That option is required with port 587.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (WLMail)

BobF.

Apr 2, 2008, 8:49:30 AM4/2/08
Kathy,
Each time you make a change you might get a slightly different behavior.
It's important that the group knows what this new behavior is. If you
repost the error you get we might see a slight change that could move us in
an entirely different direction.. So please, what are you seeing now?

--
Regards, BobF.

rober...@bellsouthnospam.net

Apr 2, 2008, 12:08:47 PM4/2/08
Many antivirus programs are rather slow at causing problems in Windows
Mail; it often takes months for the problems to appear. What if any
antivirus
programs, antispyware programs, firewall programs, and other security
programs do you have? Also, do you have the Google Toolbar program
or any program with SMS in its name installed?

Comcast seems to be trying to get all their users to switch their outgoing
email server use to port 587, especially for users accused or sending even
one spam, but they don't seem to be good at telling their users about this.
Just changing the port number isn't enough, though; see the instructions
for information on the other change you need to make if you're doing
this.

Also, many internet providers block connections to port 25 if the connection
crosses over from one internet provider's equipment to another's before
it reaches the server. Therefore, if you want to be able to send mail while
you are travelling, it's a good idea to avoid using port 25.

Robbia

Apr 2, 2008, 1:30:01 PM4/2/08
I tried both options, and it gives me the message "This update does not apply
to your system." I don't know what to do next.
It is loading more messages.