No Send to Mail Recipient Option

Tom Bell

Sep 27, 2007, 8:31:03 PM9/27/07
Can anyone tell me why when i right click on a file, there is no send
to mail recipient option available. All of the other options are
available, such as removable disk, desktop as shortcut etc, but not
the mail recipient option. I am using Thunderbird 1.5 and running
Vista Home Premium.

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 27, 2007, 9:25:35 PM9/27/07
This would appear to be a result of setting Thunderbird as your
default email program. Thunderbird issues should be addressed
in a Thunderbird forum.

Gary VanderMolen

Tom Bell

Sep 27, 2007, 11:17:14 PM9/27/07
I use to have my default mail client as microsoft outlook 2003 and i
had the same problem. So hence when i change it now to Microsoft
Outlook, there is still no "send to mail recipeint"

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 27, 2007, 11:53:25 PM9/27/07
Go to Default Programs, which you can access either from the Start menu
or the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs."
After a few seconds a list of programs comes up.
Click on Microsoft Outlook. If all is well, it will respond
"This program has all its defaults."
If it reports less than all (2) of its defaults, fix it by selecting
the option indicated by the first green arrow.

Gary VanderMolen

Tom Bell

Sep 28, 2007, 7:45:48 AM9/28/07
Yes i have done this, and indeed my default emal client is now
Microsoft Outlook. However there is still no "send to mail recipient"
option when i right click on files

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 28, 2007, 4:12:56 PM9/28/07
If you haven't done so already, try this fix:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/179/1/
"Restore missing Mail Recipient entry to the Send To menu in Windows Vista"

If that doesn't fix it, I'm fresh out of ideas.

Gary VanderMolen

Tom Bell

Sep 28, 2007, 7:04:08 PM9/28/07
I have tried that also. Oh well, it is not the end of the world not
having that option, is just frustrating. Thanks very much for your
help all the same.

Regards,

Tom Bell

Jim Pickering

Sep 28, 2007, 10:45:36 PM9/28/07
Tom: Is there a file "C:\Users\<Tom Or your desired user
name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo\MailRecipient.MAPIMail"
containing just the word Mail? If not, try creating one in Notepad and save
it to that folder, then, if needed, delete the txt extension so that only
the name MailRecipient.MAPIMail is retained. See if that fixes the problem.
--
Jim Pickering
MVP-Windows Mail Applications

"Tom Bell" <tjh...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Tom Bell

Sep 28, 2007, 11:45:32 PM9/28/07
Yes that file is there, and i have als tried deleting it and creating
a new one with notebook like you say.

Tom Bell

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Sep 29, 2007, 11:18:00 AM9/29/07
Tom,

Did you run a registry cleaner lately?

--
Regards,

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 29, 2007, 4:30:42 PM9/29/07
Sounds like something hosed a basic part of your Vista OS.
I would try a repair install:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

Several people have used it successfully. It is supposed to leave your
data intact.

Gary VanderMolen

Tom Bell

Sep 29, 2007, 4:58:08 PM9/29/07
Will try now.

Regards,

Tom Bell

Tom Bell

Sep 29, 2007, 5:33:23 PM9/29/07
I have tried a registry clean using "Eusing Free Registry Cleaner" and
although if found 500 problems, it did not fix the "Mail Recipient"
problem. I also web to the website about doing a repair install.
Because my Vista in on the Toshiba CD's it can only do a full
recovery, meaning the data would be lost. I am thinking i might have
to go this way, but if anyone has any other ideas, please let me know.

Regards,

Tom Bell

Tom Bell

Sep 29, 2007, 5:58:50 PM9/29/07
I have tried doing a Registry clean using "Eusing Free Registry
Cleaner" but although it found 500 problems, no solution to my
problem. Also looked into doing a repair install, but cause windows
comes included on my Toshiba CD's, it can only do a full recovery. I
think i am going to have to go with this option, unless anyone has any
bright ideas. I appreciate everyones help.

Regards,

Tom Bell

Gary VanderMolen

Sep 29, 2007, 6:03:47 PM9/29/07
I would be extremely hesitant to use a registry cleaner. They often
cause more problems than they solve.

You might try finding a Toshiba user forum. There may be a way
to use the restore CD without actually doing a full restore.

Gary VanderMolen

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Sep 29, 2007, 11:32:10 PM9/29/07
Tom,

Sorry if I was not clear. Such problems usually occur after running registry cleaners, and hence my question. If you used any such cleaners prior to this problem, then look for Undo files, or perhaps do a System Restore rollback.

If not, try this:

1. Download FileExtInfo.zip from here:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/fileextinfo.htm

2. Unzip the utility and extract the files to Desktop.
3. Double-click "FileExtInfo.exe" to run it.
4. Select [.MapiMail] from the list box
5. Click "View file association report"
6. Copy the contents of the report and include it in your reply.

--
Regards,

Tom Bell

Sep 30, 2007, 8:39:58 AM9/30/07
Oh sorry, no it would have been more my reading skills. No i have
never run a registry cleaner before so that would not have caused the
problem.

Regards,

Tom Bell

Tom Bell

Oct 5, 2007, 7:23:11 AM10/5/07
Here goes the report you requested. Sorry about the delay.Please Note
that i have Outlook 2003 as my default email client, despite what this
leads you to believe.

Regards,

Tom Bell

File association information for [.MAPIMAIL] file type
Generated by FileExtInfo v2.0 on 6/10/2007 12:21:37 a.m.

FileExtInfo © 2005-2007 Ramesh Srinivasan.
Homepage: http://www.winhelponline.com

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.MAPIMAIL]
@=" CLSID\\{9E56BE60-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.MAPIMAIL\PersistentHandler]
@="{098f2470-bae0-11cd-b579-08002b30bfeb}"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\FileExts\.MAPIMAIL]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\FileExts\.MAPIMAIL\OpenWithList]
"a"="thunderbird.exe"
"MRUList"="ba"
"b"="notepad.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\FileExts\.MAPIMAIL\OpenWithProgids]
"CLSID\\{9E56BE60-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"=hex(0):
" CLSID\\{9E56BE60-C50F-11CF-9A2C-00A0C90A90CE}"=hex(0):

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
\FileExts\.MAPIMAIL\UserChoice]
"Progid"="Applications\\notepad.exe"

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Oct 5, 2007, 8:25:52 AM10/5/07
Tom,

Download the fix MapiMail.reg from here:
http://www.winhelponline.com/fixes/MapiMail.reg

Save the file to Desktop.
Right-click on the file and choose "Merge"
Restart Windows and see if the "Mail Recipient" entry is restored.

--
Regards,

Tom Bell

Oct 5, 2007, 6:52:53 PM10/5/07
Hi Ramesh,

Thank you so much. That worked straight away. That saved me so much
hassle. Once again thanks so much.

Tom Bell

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Oct 5, 2007, 10:45:16 PM10/5/07
You're welcome, Tom.

--
Regards,

McYoda

Jul 3, 2008, 12:10:07 PM7/3/08

What an annoying registration page... Optional birthdate that MUST be
filled in, two form fields for my email address, use the autofill
feature, dumb***es! Double image verification, holy moly, and all of
this to HELP your members OUT! :mad:

• Click Start, type the following and press Enter:
C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
• Right-click the Mail Recipient icon and choose Copy (Keyboard:
CTRL+C)
• Click Start, type the following and press Enter:
shell:sendto
• Right-click an empty area in the folder, and choose Paste (CTRL+V)

--
McYoda

Gary VanderMolen

Jul 3, 2008, 5:52:45 PM7/3/08
What in the world are you talking about? Vistaheads.com?
If so, that is not the only way to read newsgroups, and
certainly not the best. Windows Mail includes a very good
newsgroup reader.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

McYoda

Jul 3, 2008, 6:29:46 PM7/3/08

Someone asked a question and I was only trying to answer it since there
was no easy answer on this site. Having the annoying double email, two
image verifications, DOB* optional/not optional, etc, I had to fill out
the form. All of this to post an answer for Vistaheads. Why make it so
difficult, arent members what make a forum useful, and questions are a
dime a dozen, getting answers is what you want, make it easy!

Gary VanderMolen

Jul 3, 2008, 7:37:29 PM7/3/08
Complain to Vistaheads, not to a Microsoft newsgroup.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

logout

Nov 25, 2008, 12:13:37 PM11/25/08

Ramesh, MS-MVP;456055 Wrote:
> . Download the fix MapiMail.reg from here:
> http://www.winhelponline.com/fixes/MapiMail.reg

I do have the same problem than Tom Bell had. Unfortunately, I can't
d/l the reg fix:
*Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /fixes/MapiMail.reg on this server.
*
Could someone post the reg entries?

TIA.

--