brother mfc 240c, multifunction: ControlCenter3

SubtleFemLt

Nov 26, 2007, 10:28:24 PM11/26/07
hi everyone,
Hope you are all well.
Spent an entire day on the phone with Brother and HP. Have vista premium,
HP pavillion m8100n. The Contrl Cntr 3 of this program dissappeared and
error message says "Ctrl Cntr failed to start, registry information is
missing..."CC3-001-00001907", then another message pops up and says to
download the Brother Suite again. Have done uninstall and reinstall 5 times.
Can't get to location of this info.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

SubtleFemLt

Nov 26, 2007, 10:28:28 PM11/26/07

Bruce Chambers

Nov 27, 2007, 8:31:45 AM11/27/07

If the device's manufacturer doesn't offer a Vista-compatible
driver suite, or useful support, there isn't any to be had, I'm afraid.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

John Sloan

Sep 13, 2011, 9:17:03 PM9/13/11
I am having the same problem (error code: CC3-001-00001901). I have had nothing but trouble with this printer since the day I opened the box. I am done with it. I'm going back to my Cannon printer, at least it will do what I need for it to do!!
I don't recommend Brother printers to anyone!!

John Turco

Sep 15, 2011, 10:00:12 PM9/15/11
John Sloan wrote:

> > On Monday, November 26, 2007 10:28 PM SubtleFemL wrote:
> >
> > hi everyone,
> > Hope you are all well.
> > Spent an entire day on the phone with Brother and HP. Have vista premium,
> > HP pavillion m8100n. The Contrl Cntr 3 of this program dissappeared and
> > error message says "Ctrl Cntr failed to start, registry information is
> > missing..."CC3-001-00001907", then another message pops up and says to
> > download the Brother Suite again. Have done uninstall and reinstall 5
> > times. Can't get to location of this info.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > Thanks
>

> I am having the same problem (error code: CC3-001-00001901). I have had
> nothing but trouble with this printer since the day I opened the box. I
> am done with it. I'm going back to my Cannon printer, at least it will
> do what I need for it to do!!
>
> I don't recommend Brother printers to anyone!!

Oh, John...did you notice that you replied to a message, posted way back
on November 26, 2007? Furthermore, Microsoft cancelled Usenet support, in
2010.

Nevertheless, I've no personal experience with any Brother products. The
past four and a half years, a Hewlett-Packard "Photosmart D7160" inkjet
printer has served me well.

It's a superb and feature-rich device, which has given me few problems.
I can't say the same things about its Canon and Lexmark predecessors,
unfortunately.

Also, my Samsung "ML-6060" (monochrome laser) is a solid machine, and
capable of small office duties. It was purchased refurbished, during
April of 2003.

Good luck!

--
Cordially,