Create a New Partition for Some Unallocated Space - Need Help

Jake Lee

Apr 30, 2007, 2:24:01 AM4/30/07
Hi, I installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron successfully
on a partition (C:, 50GB) and I still have another 50GB unallocated space. I
am wondering how I can create a new partition in Vista to use the allocated
space.

When I tried to use the Installation DVD to create the new partition, I got
the following message: "Windows Cannot be installed to this hard disk space.
The selected disk has the maximum number of partitions of this type."

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks a lot,

Jake

Mike Brannigan

Apr 30, 2007, 4:31:49 AM4/30/07
"Jake Lee" <Jak...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Open Computer Management from the Administrative Tools in Control Panel and
use the Disk Management item under the Storage node.

--

Mike Brannigan

Jake Lee

Apr 30, 2007, 1:42:02 PM4/30/07
Thanks , Mike. When I tried with Disk Management, it complained for
insufficient space. Can you advise..?

JerryM (ID)

Apr 30, 2007, 4:41:40 PM4/30/07
Jake, did you click to select the unallocated space?
It may be it was looking at the C: drive.

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.

"Jake Lee" <Jak...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

claire...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2013, 2:59:47 AM1/6/13
Does your hard drive have four partitions already? If so, you cannot use Windows built-in disk management tool to create new partition with the unallocated space. The only solution is to use third party partition software like AOMEI Partition Assistant. http://www.disk-partition.com/