Combat Flight Simulator and Combat Flight Simulator 2

larry

Dec 20, 2007, 10:37:04 AM12/20/07
I cannot get this software to load with Vista. Anybody have a fix?
--
larry

Tusse

Dec 22, 2007, 7:51:16 AM12/22/07

Neither could I, worked great with XP (Combat Flight Simulator 3)
It's a Microsoft Game, there must be a cure???

--
Tusse

mike_asi

Dec 26, 2007, 4:07:28 PM12/26/07
I have combat flight simulator WWII europe series, It loads but does not
regonize my wingman extreme. I d/l drivers from logitec but still would not
work with joystick. I checked for updates with microsoft but could not find
any for this program. I do believe I did see some upgrades for combat flight
simulator 3.

Mike Bramwell

Sep 16, 2008, 1:33:33 AM9/16/08

Me too! CFS WWII Europe worked fine with XP. It loads with vista, but
responds erratically to my (German) keyboard inputs and fails to
recognise either MS Sidewinder Precision 2 joystick or Logitech Extreme
3D Pro. Does this render my CFS WWII dustbin material?

Mike B (G)

--
Mike Bramwell

cdnorton

Nov 4, 2009, 9:50:14 PM11/4/09

Did anyone receive a cure for the lack of contol ?

--
cdnorton

Phil Rhodes

Nov 5, 2009, 1:54:01 PM11/5/09
Yes, there is a patch for CFS 3.
http://www.microsoft.com/games/combatfs3/downloads.aspx
It says on this page that you MUST use DirectX 9.0
And while your at it, you might run the DirectX diagnostic -
Start/Run/Dxdiag to make sure what version of DirectX you are using and
whether it's working properly.
And lastly, is your joystick a "Wingman Extreme" or a "Wingman Extreme
Digital"? Analog joysticks plug into the 'gameport' (serial port) on your
sound card, whilst a digital joystick plugs into your USB port.
Good luck,
Bumper7
aka USMC_Bumper7 at FighterAce
https://fighterace.ketsujin.com//Default2.asp

"cdnorton" <cdnorto...@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

Johanan barak

Jun 29, 2011, 5:58:50 AM6/29/11
I have and I can send to you a copy......Johanan Barak Israel

>> On Saturday, December 22, 2007 7:51 AM Tusse wrote:

>> Neither could I, worked great with XP (Combat Flight Simulator 3)

>> it is a Microsoft Game, there must be a cure???
>>

>> --
>> Tusse

>>> On Wednesday, December 26, 2007 4:07 PM mikeas wrote:

>>> I have combat flight simulator WWII europe series, It loads but does not
>>> regonize my wingman extreme. I d/l drivers from logitec but still would not
>>> work with joystick. I checked for updates with microsoft but could not find
>>> any for this program. I do believe I did see some upgrades for combat flight
>>> simulator 3.

Johanan barak

Jun 29, 2011, 5:58:51 AM6/29/11