Re: Please Help! Expert Needed!

Dustin Harper

Mar 15, 2007, 11:04:58 PM3/15/07
You might try installing DX9.0c on your PC (I know Vista has it, well
DX9.0L, but sometimes it needs to be installed to work correctly). You
should have it on one of your install CD's.

What games are you trying to run that won't run?

--
Dustin Harper
dha...@vistarip.com

--
"MekFalcon" <MekF...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Barely any of my games will recognize Vista as an operating system. I have
> tried running programs as admin and as XP under compatibility tab. Getting
> missing d3dx9_25.dll error, downloaded copy, now Vista cant find it. My Pc
> is
> E-machine W3609 3.33 GHZ 512 ram Nvidia GEforce 7300 gs and wish I could
> have
> my XP back, or the update that fixes all the problems I'm having trying to
> run my games. I couldnt even load intellepoint 4.1 because of known
> compatibility errors. Please help.

Dale M. White

Mar 15, 2007, 11:29:26 PM3/15/07
This file "d3dx9_25.dll" is a part of the updated DX9.0c end-user runtimes.
It's a part of the regular DX9.0c. Games like FEAR and Battlefield 2142 use
that update. If you are fresh installing the game, you should have been
prompted to install that Aug 2005 or Oct 2006 update. You can get this
update, which is updated every 2 months from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4B1F5D0C-5E44-4864-93CD-464EF59DA050&displaylang=en

MekFalcon

Mar 15, 2007, 11:37:02 PM3/15/07
Battlefield 2, various dora games for my daughter, and diablo 2, and other xp
level games. thx for responding any help is greatly appreciated.

MekFalcon

Mar 15, 2007, 11:41:05 PM3/15/07
Thx Dale, I need to know where to download this file to? do I run it or save
it and do I save to the game file or a diffent folder? how do I make the
computer recognize the dll is now there? sorry for needing more specifics but
greatly appreciate your efforts in trying to help me.

Dale M. White

Mar 16, 2007, 3:14:14 AM3/16/07

You kids today !

it's an Exe, you jsut download it somewhere and then run it, it will update
the files that need updating and off you go.

"MekFalcon" <MekF...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Gary MS News

Mar 16, 2007, 5:19:32 AM3/16/07
to MekFalcon
MekFalcon wrote:
> Barely any of my games will recognize Vista as an operating system. I have
> tried running programs as admin and as XP under compatibility tab. Getting
> missing d3dx9_25.dll error, downloaded copy, now Vista cant find it. My Pc is
> E-machine W3609 3.33 GHZ 512 ram Nvidia GEforce 7300 gs and wish I could have
> my XP back, or the update that fixes all the problems I'm having trying to
> run my games. I couldnt even load intellepoint 4.1 because of known
> compatibility errors. Please help.

Try this, it's from a guy called Marcs, he has done a good DX9 install
after I install this only 2 games don't work out of 15
well really only 1 as Simcity4 word great but the loteditor did not
It even got GTA San Andreas to play, the one that wont work is Act of
War, it dose not like 64bit.

http://gazac.customer.netspace.net.au/Files/Marcs_Vista_dx9_Patch.zip

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000724-0, 03/15/2007
Tested on: 3/16/2007 8:19:33 PM

Gary MS News

Mar 16, 2007, 5:20:58 AM3/16/07
to MekFalcon

Dale White V64

Mar 16, 2007, 11:33:19 AM3/16/07
What kind of crazy installs do you guys have that requires this stuff ? I
did the standard install of Vista, Applied the End user run time updates and
off I went. I'm not oppose to doing work around fixes, but you have to ask,
what's wrong with my system that I have to do a work around fix and is it
going to bite me in the ass later ?

And when you say AOW doesn't work under Vista64. Are you referring to the
error message that says it's not compatible or can you not get it to run at
all ? I get a pop-up about the game, but it runs and I was able to kick off
a skirmish against the computer. I don't know about on-line play.

"Gary MS News" <ga...@netspace.net.au> wrote in message

Jean Hough

Jul 7, 2011, 10:08:21 AM7/7/11
Hi dale,

This type of problem usually occurs when setup d3dx9_25.dll is missing from your computer. This dll file can be downloaded from here.
[url]http://www.d3dx9.net/download-missing-d3dx9_25-dll/[/url]
Download it and then extract the downloaded zip file to the Windows System32 folder, which is located in Windows Drive.