Partition software

Luke

Sep 27, 2007, 1:04:58 PM9/27/07
Hi

does anyone know where I can get some partition software that isn't a trial
that lets me actually partition my hard drive?

luke

brink

Sep 27, 2007, 4:16:15 PM9/27/07

Hi Luke,

You can do this from your Vista installation DVD. Just do a "Custom
(advanced)" install and click "Drive options (advanced)". The "Create"
option will create a new partition and allow you to adjust it's size.

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*

Richard Urban

Sep 27, 2007, 5:48:30 PM9/27/07
Any one you pay for would do the job most likely. Acronis Disk Director
Suite 10.0 is a fine program and is 100% Vista compatible.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Luke" <Lukeusw...@aol.com> wrote in message

R. C. White

Oct 1, 2007, 11:36:24 AM10/1/07
Hi, Luke.

Every Windows since Windows 2000 has included Disk Management
(diskmgmt.msc), which can do almost any partitioning job that you need.
Windows XP added more functions to DM and Vista added even more.

Of course, this doesn't do you much good if you are trying to partition the
system or boot drive you are running at the moment. But if you are
dual-booting or using multiple physical drives, be sure to look at what you
already have before deciding to purchase something.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

brink

Oct 1, 2007, 12:09:44 PM10/1/07

Hi Luke,

Take a look at these two tutorials for how to use Disk Management in
Vista.

To add another partition:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95398-disk-management-shrink-partition.html

To delete a partition and extend another partition to make it bigger:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/95418-disk-management-delete-extend.html

Hope these help,

claire...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2012, 2:12:45 AM11/21/12
hi

AOMEI Partition Assistant HOME edition is a professional and easy-to-use partiton software that can migrate os to antother disk or SSD, extend/shrink/move/merge/split/create partitions,etc.. Moreover, it is free of charge. http://www.disk-partition.com/free-partition-manager.html