TS user home directory in GP not working

Anglo

Nov 5, 2007, 9:14:00 PM11/5/07
Hi All,

I have terminal server farm with windows 2008. I have enabled and set TS
User Home Directory to a network share and assign drive letter through domain
group policy. But when I login a user through rdp it seems that the policy I
set is not working, no TS home directory drive mapping. Have you ever
encountered the same problem? what is the resolution..

Thanks,
Anglo

Graham Waddell

May 24, 2011, 2:33:22 PM5/24/11
Same here. Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2 std. Forest is 2003R2. Tried using the TSAdmin profile tab, then GPO for this particular setting. No go.

RSOP.msc and command line "SET" agree - the home directory is configured properly, but the drive isn't getting MAPPED.

Mapping it manually using GUI or "net use .." works fine.

I am using the FQDN (\\storageserver.domain.priv\samba_home)in the mapping. Would it matter if I used the short name?

The folder is being created for new users, too. \\storageserver.domain.priv\samba_home\useralias.domain

I don't have any GPO errors in the logs, and event viewer doesn't show any problems during the logon.

Ideas?

mjba...@gmail.com

May 3, 2013, 6:39:17 AM5/3/13