HOW TO Redirect COM1 port when using TS on Windows 2003.

Nicolas Machado

Jul 27, 2012, 12:53:12 PM7/27/12
Hi

This is the scenario:
Windows 2003 server Enterpsise Edition SP2 running as Terminal Services Server.

Client Using windows XP.
Client create a RD Connection to Server .
ON the client PC runs an application that open local com port COM1:

I read on internet that on the server I shoul enter the next commnand to allow port redirection:

NET USE COM1: \\Tsclient\COM1:

But I get the error number 85.
System Error 85

on both server ands client I check thta I don't have disabled com redirections ...

Any idea ?
Best regards