Access to BIOS in Tatung tablet

petere...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2015, 12:59:59 PM7/3/15

Can anyone report how the BIOS is opened during startup of any of the Tatung tablets, TWN-5213 CU, TX-2000, TX-3000, TX-4000?

Thanks, ... Peter E., peter at easthope dot ca

Invalid

Jul 4, 2015, 9:49:41 AM7/4/15
In message <1586b36c-c9e0-4f05...@googlegroups.com>,
petere...@gmail.com writes
Sorry can't help with those, but I have a Tatung TTAB-12AD tablet
To get into the BIOS you need to attach a USB keyboard and hit F2 at
startup.
--
Invalid

petere...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2015, 9:12:29 PM7/12/15
On Saturday, July 4, 2015 at 6:49:41 AM UTC-7, Invalid wrote:
> Sorry can't help with those, but I have a Tatung TTAB-12AD tablet
> To get into the BIOS you need to attach a USB keyboard and hit F2 at
> startup.

No response to Esc, F1..F12 or Delete. This machine was
part of an endoscopy system and the BIOS appears to be locked.
Is a BIOS chip replacement worth considering in such a case?

Thanks, ... Peter E.

Invalid

Jul 13, 2015, 6:16:48 AM7/13/15
In message <74960a44-3668-4fee...@googlegroups.com>,
petere...@gmail.com writes
That would depend on the payback from getting it to work.

I would have thought it would be complex
You would need a replacement chip of the right type
You would need to replace it on the motherboard - it's probably
surface mounted and you won't be swapping it with a simple soldering
iron.
You will need a copy of an unlocked BIOS
You will need a programmer to load it into the chip
You will need to hope that the hardware doesn't have specific
quirks which the existing bios caters for.

After all that you will have an obsolete tablet worth ????

But a real sense of satisfaction.

Before going that route I would be tempted to e-mail Tatung and the
manufacturer of the endoscope and ask if they have any information or
could help.

Depending on the OS, it may be feasible to get hold of a utility that
will tell you want you have got ( if its Windows msinfo32 is a starting
point).

Good luck.
--
Invalid

petere...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2015, 11:23:51 AM7/26/15
On Monday, July 13, 2015 at 3:16:48 AM UTC-7, Invalid wrote:
> That would depend on the payback from getting it to work.

Thanks for the explanations.

Inquiries to Tatung, local and head offices, got no reply.
Haven't tried Stryker but the most I'd expect is a remark
that the product is discontinued and no longer supported.

Regards, ... Peter E.