Booting CHUWI vi8Plus by USB-Stick...

Frank Werner

Jul 18, 2017, 7:31:38 AM7/18/17
...although I got into the BIOS (connecting an USB-Hub and
Keyboard/Mouse, pressing ESC while booting) I cannot force the CHUWI
vi8Plus-Tablet to start from USB-Stick.

This is bad because the Windows-Partition is too small to install all
newer updates for there was a Android-Partition which I killed
intentionally. With GPARTED I wanted to move the partition to the
beginning of the disk for expanding it.

The CHUWI vi8Plus is a Intel Atom-Tablet that comes with DualBoot
(Win10x32 + AndroidxIntel).

FW

Frank Werner

Jul 31, 2017, 3:32:01 AM7/31/17
Am 18.07.2017 um 13:31 schrieb Frank Werner:

> ...although I got into the BIOS (connecting an USB-Hub and
> Keyboard/Mouse, pressing ESC while booting) I cannot force the CHUWI
> vi8Plus-Tablet to start from USB-Stick.

The secret is to use an active USB-Hub.

Unfortunately the CHUWI-Tablet does not like Linux (Ubuntu, Mint). A
fresh installation of Windows 10 therefore works at the first view. All
drivers has to be installed after installation.

But the touchscreen is not calibrated. It does not follw the fingertips.
How can I do that?

FW