How to ... install Windows 10 onto an Android Nexus Azus 7 MeMo tablet

hanson

Jul 2, 2016, 11:35:56 PM7/2/16
How to ... install Windows 10 onto an Android Nexus Azus 7 MeMo tablet

Can someone provide step by step instructions?.
TIA, hanson

Paul

Jul 3, 2016, 12:37:08 AM7/3/16
Microsoft did have a plan in place, for a single instance
of a product with an Android processor.

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-cooks-up-way-to-run-windows-10-on-android-devices/

But your platform uses a quad Intel processor, and presumably
runs an Android OS compiled/built for Intel.

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Mobile/ASUS-MeMO-Pad-7-ME176C-7-Atom-Z3745-Tablet-Review-Bay-Trail-Meets-Android

OK, now that one only has 16GB of storage. I would think
a 32GB storage would help, to hold Windows (that would leave
some room for personal files).

That's not to say though, that it doesn't have the usual prevention
mechanisms to make the platform a "single OS platform".
(Secure boot). It might not even have a BIOS screen, a UEFI
screen, to remove secure boot keys or fool around. You would
then need to root the thing (somehow).

I can already find one reference to the ME176CX where it
won't even accept its own software, let alone a foreign setup.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20150320193547121&board_id=12&model=A10&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

There is a description here, of replacing the Asus Zen UI OS,
with some other Android OS. It requires some sort of "ROM" image.
So you're going to have to hunt down one of those forums, to see
if anyone is interested in such a transformation.

http://unlock-bootloader.net/how-to/unlock-bootloader-asus-memo-pad-7-me176c/

Paul

hanson

Jul 3, 2016, 11:52:34 AM7/3/16
Thanks Paul,
I'll check it out, and will tell you how it worked out.

"Paul" <nos...@needed.com> wrote in message

Alan Sojan

Aug 25, 2023, 8:15:29 AM8/25/23
Hi, I have been able to access the UEFI/Bios menu on this tablet. However i only have one USB port which I'm using for the keyboard. Is there any way for me to install windows without using a USB?